Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching fog lights ,to mount on my stock bumper, on the forum and on other websites and have eliminated the options to two. My two options are the PIAA 580 series (PIAA 580 Series Driving Lights, PIAA Fog Lights) and the PIAA 520 fog light kit (PIAA Fog Lights, PIAA 520 Series Light Kit). Which of the two would you recommend for fog lights. I am open to other suggestions too so feel free to express what you think the best fog light kit is.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I have the PIAA 520's and have them aimed as more "driving lights"....I am very happy with them. I also bought the original Toyota factory dash switch for fog lights and had them wired to work with high AND low beams.

:cheers:

Reactions: oldguy

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
I have the PIAA 520's and have them aimed as more "driving lights"....I am very happy with them. I also bought the original Toyota factory dash switch for fog lights and had them wired to work with high AND low beams.

:cheers:
Same setup here.:clap:

I have them mounted low and wide on the bumper, but I use them 100% of the time. PIAA 520i Fog pattern. Kind of a yellow light, but that is supposed to be good for incliment weather. Ordered them from MetalTech.:rocker:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
520s are good secondary lights, 580s are way brighter imo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same setup here.:clap:

I have them mounted low and wide on the bumper, but I use them 100% of the time. PIAA 520i Fog pattern. Kind of a yellow light, but that is supposed to be good for incliment weather. Ordered them from MetalTech.:rocker:
I'm also planning to install these same. But confused as to whether to use the cable provided by PIAAA or use a 12gauge cable and oem switch. Could you please provide the wiring and install config diagram (with pics)?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
I'm also planning to install these same. But confused as to whether to use the cable provided by PIAAA or use a 12gauge cable and oem switch. Could you please provide the wiring and install config diagram (with pics)?
we just discussed this install in this thread (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/119746-fog-light-installation.html)...here is the direct link to the wiring diagram schematic with the PIAAs (wiring diagram)

You don't need a 12 gauge cable...PIAAs have all you need to wire it already basically plug and play.

You will need to purchase the OEM switch and harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts