Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I purchased the Toyota fog light switch harness/switch. I got the idea from this post. Low Cost HID Driving Lights Installed | My Toyota FJ Cruiser
but I plan to put the switch in the open postion next to my RSCA switch on the left side of my dash '2012 FJ" all the wiring is plug and play except for the two little wires that I think power the led for the little light in the switch. Where should I tap those into? Anybody worked on that side of the dash. Maybe I can tap into the RSCA leads that power that little switch light?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You can tap into the wires from the headlight dimmer switch with no problems. This is what I've done in the same location, but to be honest, I wouldn't even bother hook them up again since you can't see them at all (blocked by the steering wheel).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. perfect suggestions.. I need to get my head under there for a better look at what is close. the RSCA switch in right there,I just dont know what wires feed the little light in the switch.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks guys.. perfect suggestions.. I need to get my head under there for a better look at what is close. the RSCA switch in right there,I just dont know what wires feed the little light in the switch.
Most indicator lights in switches simply run off the main power wire. Don't assume you need a separate wire for this little led light. Pull out the connector/harness and try it first.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I think he's referring to the night time backlighting in the switch, not the "light-on" indicator light. You're right though, the indicator light works without these two loose wires hooked up.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Okay, for the illumination you need to T-tap in to the two wires, one is green and one is white with a green stripe. Attach the ends of those to the two wires on your harness and you're good to go. You should be able to find them on the back of the dimmer switch, or maybe on the back of the RSCA switch (I don't have on, so I can't verify).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts