Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wired in my IPF 968CSG today using the toyota wiring harness and switch, however i was unaware that this harness would only allow me to use my foglights when the brights are on, i understand that this is the law in some states but i would like to use my foglights without the brights, does anyone know if there is a way to overide this ,still using the factory harness and switch???

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you sure the harness is connected right? Most of the time factory fog lights only come on when the brights are off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the harness is pretty much plug and play except for 2 wires that tap into the diff lock switch, everything is wired as per toyotas instructions

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser 6MT Sunfusion
244 Posts
Are you sure the harness is connected right? Most of the time factory fog lights only come on when the brights are off.
The optional Toyota lights on the front bumper are Aux Driving Lights and NOT fog lights. This is why the bumper lights only function with the Hi beams on. Factory harness,switch and relay are engineered to work this way because of lighting regulations in most states.

Bibb in San Antonio

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys ive figured it out, for those who have done this all you need to do is connect the red/green wire from the back of the toyota aux switch (pin 4) to a 12v ignition on power source (i used the blank fuse slot in the upper left corner of the fuse panel) now your lights will have power whenever the ignition is on and not just when the brights are on

thanks everybody for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts