Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really need fog lights, but they do make the front end of the FJ look better. Anyways. I wasn't in the market or anything, but yesterday I stumbled upon a set of Hella 500FF's, brand new, completely kit for $25. Is this worth the price for what they are? I know they are not the brightest, but I have read they can be converted into HID's down the road, should you choose. Like I said, wasn't in the market but when I saw the price I was like, maybe I should pick these up... Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
The 500ff at $25 is a heck of a deal.I don't know about coverting them to HID but it's a great price. The FF those are not a fog style light they project more of a pencil beam. If your looking for a fog pattern you need to get just the Hella without the FF at the end those will produce a rectangled box so to speak at the front.
I'm running 2 Hella 500's on my ARB , and 4 Hella's on the roof rack light bar and on the rack the two outside are Hella fogs and the two in the center are the 500's FF

Either way $25 is a deal as I got 8 sets about two years ago at a Walmart clearance sale for the same price.

·
Registered
671 Posts
That's a great deal! I have the 700ff model which is the same thing just slightly larger. Honestly they aren't that bright out of the box so I would highly recommend getting a cheap set of HIDs and converting them. The light output with HIDs is very good! I swapped them into my Hellas and I can help with pictures and whatever for converting. it is very simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts