Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love that the rear seats fold down, but I'd really love it if they would fold flat.

Side view of FJ

This
FJ Front _____._______FJ Rear

Not this
FJ Front -----\_______FJ Rear

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Yup, good one...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My old ZR2 blazer back seats folded perfectly, and had sun visors that actually extended for sun protection....argggg! why couldn't they have done that:fight:

·
Registered
779 Posts
My old ZR2 blazer back seats folded perfectly, and had sun visors that actually extended for sun protection....argggg! why couldn't they have done that:fight:
Get the 08 side sun shades... they work AWSOME and fit your 07 just fine

·
Registered
851 Posts
OK, even I, who made fun of all of y'all for bichen earlier today, must admit that flat seats would be cool. Even cooler if all the seats folded flat, to make one solid platform, like in the concept.

This is something I expect would be done in future FJ's. Why not? I mean, you got mini vans that the seats disappear and you can put your beer under the floorboard. On ice! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I don't believe that the engineers at toyota ever thought there would be people sleeping in the back of the FJ. The cruel truth is that a number of us do and the hump mid back is a--

pain in the back. :mecry:

so X2 to STHARRIS

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It would be nice to have it fold down flat like a 4R, it's usually nice to sleep in the car when it's -30* outside, but yet it's uncomfortable to sleep with that hump in the middle.:flame:

·
Registered
61 Posts
i'd like to see this one too. a flat rear floor would help with loading/unloading and camping out on cold nights.

also... an innovative way to store the headrests instead of just throwing them on the floor or in the spare seat. if there could be a holder for them or a hidden compartment or something.

-rayray

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes please make the seats board flat. Although I have camped/slept in many vehicles: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door with back seat in (tight) and out (seat track digs in your back); Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (4-door) better then 2-door but most find blankets/towels/sheets to fill gap when rear seat is folded down; Both the above Jeeps had the hard top which is fiberglass and did NOT retain heat at all. Jeep Patriot Limited which was a tight fit but at least the seat went flat; Highlander Hybrid Limited which was very comfy but was NOT for off-road use; and last the FJ Cruiser which is not all that comfortable but DOES keep the heat in pretty well. Make the seats flat would be MUCH better!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Toyo had to cut a few corners to keep the FJ legit, off road wise while making it affordable for most. I catch some smite from people in my office for driving a "tonka" truck but they know that Toyota's are no joke. Personally my dog's would prefer a slide down rear window but we sacrifice for an affordable 4X4.

·
Registered
872 Posts
i'd like to see this one too. a flat rear floor would help with loading/unloading and camping out on cold nights.

also... an innovative way to store the headrests instead of just throwing them on the floor or in the spare seat. if there could be a holder for them or a hidden compartment or something.

-rayray
What kills me is the Toyota Yaris does this!!!! All they needed was for them to slide farther down into the seat and/or have a notch in the seat bottom

I agree Yota had to do things to keep the cost down, buy the Yaris is CHEAP...

Of course, hump or not and headrests and all, I still don't miss my BlaZeR2 one BIT!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My old GMC T15 Jimmy '85, went totally flat as well. And for a 16 year old, HEAVEN. Paradise by the dashboard lights for sure!

It even had a padded center console between the seats at just the right height for a pillow!

Taking your hotel room with you FTW.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I read in a magazine before I got my FJ that you have to remove the bottom seat cushions to get them flat. The instructions for removal are in your owners manual CD.
Not true, they still do not fold flat. Not unless you change the location of the bottom brackets and the plastic piece that runs the width between the wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I read in a magazine before I got my FJ that you have to remove the bottom seat cushions to get them flat. The instructions for removal are in your owners manual CD.
More info on this? I'd never heard about this or a owners manual CD??

·
Registered
456 Posts
My owners manual came with a pretty good CD, you click on the menu for example Seating, then you go to the approriate drop down menu that shows you how to do things, like take out the seat bottoms.

I have never taken them out myself so I dont have the first hand knowledge. Maybe someone can post up a picture of the rear seats folded down with the bottoms removed.

When I get home today I will send out more info on the owners CD. Its much easier to use than the owners manual and actually has a copy of the owners manual included. If you dont have one I would call Toyota to ask for one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts