Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others I had trouble with this part getting loose and eventually coming off while wheeling (I stopped to grab it and tossed it to the back). After I got home I took a better look at the parts and pieces followed by some forum searching on the matter, i did find some solutions but decided against and went with my own take. Some time ago in Mexico my mom found her car with a rear view mirror cracked after a hit an run, so I went to a shop to get it replaced for her, when I got there the guy asked me if I wanted it replaced or Fix i didn't thought it was an option since the posts where broke, but went with it and agreed to get it fixed, after he tooked it off he pulled out some krazy glue and baking soda, clean the area applied some glue and then started to build around the posts by putting some baking soda and then getting it soaked in krazy glue, that created a really strong bond and structural support, and to make an already long story short, that's the same method i used to fix my foot rest.

I'm sorry I didn't think of taking any pictures but it is a really simple process.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The texture looks bad as it is more for hidden structural pieces (baking soda powder) but we could always try with say two pieces of lego and try to bridge them together, sand it down and paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts