Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed my Fj leans to the left a bit.....and want to know has anyone added the little OME spacer on there lift and has it taken care of the lean issue at all? hard to imagine that a little half in spacer will correct the issue.....I think the spacer is a half inch.....anyways any info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I installed the OME spacer (something like TP14?) when I did the 883s... as far as I can tell, the FJ sits level.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I installed 895/995 OME setup with the Toytec 1/2" spacers on both sides and mine sites less than 1/8" low on the driver's side now

·
Registered
15 Posts
im added it`s good for Balance u now the Back Few high When put OME spacer on the front u see good balance and good look :wave::rocker:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I used the 1/2" top mounts for their strut and coil upgrade in one of their OME packages....if mine leans it is small enough to not be noticeable. I never noticed lean with oem suspension either though....guess I was lucky.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the OME heavy up front and medium in back.......anyone else with set up use the OME spacer and did it help level your FJ?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Seems like adding a spacer to only the front driver-side coilover would introduce a small imbalance in the suspension; ala circle track stagger. Anybody bothered to put their FJ on scales and check the corner weights after making this change?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had one that I got with my lift kit from metal tech....it was a small flat ring and it cost around $7 bucks I didnt throw it on because others said there would be no need........I am SPECIFICALLY looking for answers on this spacer......will it improve the lean, and is it ok to do seriously wheeling with this thing on

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I had one that I got with my lift kit from metal tech....it was a small flat ring and it cost around $7 bucks I didnt throw it on because others said there would be no need........I am SPECIFICALLY looking for answers on this spacer......will it improve the lean, and is it ok to do seriously wheeling with this thing on
Yes it is there to fix the lean of the vehicle. ARB would not sell something FOR the purpose of going on their springs/struts if it was not okay to take offroad. I promise you.
Now don't go stacking 12 of those things on there though, just use one on the drivers side if you have measured a lean in the vehicle.
The height of the spacer does not correspond the the height of the lift you will achieve. A 1 inch spacer installed on the spring does not mean a 1 inch lift necessarily.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I have the OME heavy up front and medium in back.......anyone else with set up use the OME spacer and did it help level your FJ?
I have the same setup you have and I have the lean toward the driver's side also. It's very noticable to me but I'm anal about things of this nature. I haven't got a answer from anyone but I haven't ask for help on the forum. I plan on calling ARB this week to see if they can correct the problem. But if anyone knows the answer--let us know.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I have one spacer on the left front and it seems to be ok so far. I measuered the front after installing the lift and they were within .25". Has any one installed more than on spacer? The reason I ask I am looking at some day installing the Lucrum set up and don't want the front any lower.I was thinking about putting 2 on driver side and 1 on passanger side. Is this a bad idea?

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I have noticed my Fj leans to the left a bit.....and want to know has anyone added the little OME spacer on there lift and has it taken care of the lean issue at all? hard to imagine that a little half in spacer will correct the issue.....I think the spacer is a half inch.....anyways any info greatly appreciated
The OME "trim packers" are designed for coil springs, not the struts, so they wouldn't help. They come in 5mm and 10mm sizes so less than 1/2" max. The FJC has a slight lean from the factory, and is unlikely to have a major functional affect on the vehicle

·
Registered
670 Posts
The 5mm trim packers are different than the 10mm spacers. Neither of which are an inch - obviously (I hope). The trim packer (I know of one person running two trim packers on the driver side) goes on the driver's side strut under the spring seat (plate) to offset the lean. The 10mm spacers go on both struts on top of the strut plates to achieve greater lift. I'm running the heavies, both fore and aft and have one trim packer on the drivers side. I still have very subtle lean to the drivers side.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Also, keep in mind that a single 5mm Trim Packer on the driver side front will not only raise the left front corner 5mm up, but it will also push the right rear corner down 5mm . . . . theoretically resulting in a total 10mm overall lean correction.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts