Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whoa...check these out....the dash in particular is beautiful. It's essentially a brand new TLC.......custom built with zero miles

http://www.tlcicon.com/

·
Registered
92 Posts
I saw a write up about it from the SEMA show and it STARTS at $89,000 with no customizing whatsoever. Figure $100,000+ for everything you would really want.

I have to admit...it was my favorite vehicle at the LA show!!! wow it was awesome.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Agreed, even at SEMA it was the best looking vehicle. But, with an $88,000 price tag there is a reason it is beautiful. WAY outta my league and who in their right mind would abuse 100K worth of truck?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ok so this thread begs a hypothetical follow on question. I doubt anyone around here except maybe Tone is going to buy an Icon. But let's say for $24K in current dollars, if you could have a 1983 (last year made) FJ-40 that has been hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall’s front door step, and for all intents and purposes is brand spanking new but is still 1983 technology, and there are thousands like it to be had so it's not like a rare classic collectors item, or a 2007 FJ Cruiser, which would you buy?

Sorry to disappoint Prat, who I'm sure we'll hear from, but I'll take the 2007 FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'd probably buy the Icon, because I am too stupid not too. =) And uh, yes. I would buy the 83 FJ40 if it were in a jar all these years. Same company, same reliability. New technology = more horsepower and better traction, and shinier plastic stuff in the interior.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pancho said:
Ok so this thread begs a hypothetical follow on question. I doubt anyone around here except maybe Tone is going to buy an Icon. But let's say for $24K in current dollars, if you could have a 1983 (last year made) FJ-40 that has been hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall’s front door step, and for all intents and purposes is brand spanking new but is still 1983 technology, and there are thousands like it to be had so it's not like a rare classic collectors item, or a 2007 FJ Cruiser, which would you buy?

Without question, the '83 FJ-40. My commute is 12 mi. roundtrip on dry pavement. With those kind of miles, what do I care how it handles on the pavement. As far as off-road, the FJ-40 routinely handled some of the toughest trails/roads in the world. The trails haven't changed. If it could do it 30 years ago (with old technology) it can still do it today.

Besides, the FJ-40 looks so much better than the FJC (which I still want).

edadis

·
Registered
552 Posts
Elwood said:
I saw a write up about it from the SEMA show and it STARTS at $89,000 with no customizing whatsoever. Figure $100,000+ for everything you would really want.

I have to admit...it was my favorite vehicle at the LA show!!! wow it was awesome.
Make it in China, if they can sell those electric scooters for $50 bucks I'm sure they could cut a huge labor cost out of the picture when that is the main expense.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Granger is earning his pay. Memory like an elephant. I bet he's already got his taxes done too.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'd still take the new one. I don't want 1983 technology. I want 2007 technology but I want better gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Elwood said:

Wow now your talking Tone car payments!:D

Sorry Tone I could resist, I am a very weak person.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If Rooster can turn me on to that tye-dye paint job on this Icon, I will just wet my pants and start saving some serious cash. That's exactly what I want!!!:eek:

Chaz

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
what it does show me that the FJ Cruiser weakness is the interior via what I have seen in pictures.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
praetorian said:
_shrug_

More mayonnaise for me. Can I have a 55 too?

Cheers,
prat
I'd go for a BJ45 myself, though i would settle for an FJ40 if i really had to.:D

for comparison, getting an '83 FJ40 (even today) for 24K is a bargain. its like getting a 1 ton jeep wrangler, only better 'cuz its a TLC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts