Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...here is my simple question. My 9 speaker stock set up sounds good but if I wanted to leave everything stock like wires, amps and head unit and just wanted upgrade all the speakers, what would you reccommend? Again just a speaker upgrade all around, actually I can leave the sub....sounds pretty good unless you guys think differently.

Thanks in advance.

Ps....if there is an existing thread on this, forgive me, I didnt know what to search for.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Lol apparantly fj Florida is the man to speak to!

I change my front speakers to a set of 6.5 mb quart speakers and it sounds better. I also left the stock sub in and I will be changing the rest of the speakers out soon enough.

Search 6.5 components I would post the link but I'm on my iPhone.. To much work

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too wanted only speaker upgrades, as I did not have the $$$ for a full-blown system. Rather, I wanted to build it as I went, buying good quality. Here is what I have done and what is in the works (see my new post in this forum soon).

Stock 6-speaker system, no sub. No FJ Jammer...
Installed Boston S45's in the dash. Just a bit of tab bending, went right in. Sound great!

Installed Infinity Kappa 692.9i in the doors with a full dynamat on the inside panel. At 4ohm spec, these also sound GREAT with my stock head unit...

I just found a STEAL of a deal at Crutchfield's Outlet Sale (I live where they have their store) on an Alpine PDX-4.150 4-channel, 150w amp. I now have to figure out what do I do now... How do I integrate it, or is it now time for a HU change... I think it is...

The Boston & Infinity's have been GREAT over the last few years. A good start, as those factory speakers really are flimsy & sub-par...

Good luck....

Rmpl

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I would advise against upgrading only speakers. I would rather spend money on a decent four channel amplifier first if you are being mindful of a budget. You can push the stocks a little harder. Also, putting in a speaker that needs 50-100 watts rms and only giving it 10-20 watts rms isnt going to achieve much performance wise.

·
Registered
263 Posts
heyy man i was thinkin of te same thing but i kept everything stock and then i put 2 12" sony bazookas subs in the back wih a 1400 Amp amplifier great .... the car needs base in my opinion

·
Registered
334 Posts
The polk audio MM series speakers are specifically designed to run off typical factory power (2.7 ohms) or aftermarket amps. That may be a good first step if you want to upgrade the speakers first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts