Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*****SOLD*****GOODBYE SWEET FJ*****

I'm selling my 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser in excellent mechanical and aesthetic condition. It's had all the recent service jobs and regular oil changes. Most recent was front and rear differentials. The rig is a ton of fun to drive and has been invaluable during Central Oregonian winters. With the roof top tent I get about 17.5 mpg on highway road trips; without the tent I've gotten closer to 19/20 mpg on the highway. This is one of my very favorite vehicles to have owned and driven. The FJ easily has another 200k miles left in its life. We're getting out of this vehicle because we need more cabin space (my wife and I are both very tall) and we'll need to tow more soon, so F150 here we come. Send me a DM, or an email at [email protected].

• VIN: JTEBU4BFXAK080186
  • drive: 4wd
  • odometer: 151226
  • paint color: army green
  • title status: clean
  • transmission: automatic

PHOTOS
https://imgur.com/a/qClGgCQ

FEATURES
  • Brand new Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires (<1k miles), rated best in show at the most recent SEMA convention. Stock wheels (265/70R17)
  • Acoustic sound dampening treatment on the front doors, rear door, and hood. This is a very quiet ride (compared to other FJ Cruisers).
  • Suspension upgraded around 130k miles with 2014 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Ultimate Edition shocks: Bilstein 6112 up front and 5160s in the back. No lift. Ride is very smooth both on- and off-road. My wife can knit while driving on corrugated Forest Service roads.
  • Custom machined billet aluminum shift knobs and climate control dials from Ellis Precision. Factory knobs and dials are available if you want them.
  • ARB steel front bumper (air bag rated for safety).
  • Mile Marker winch on the bumper.
  • PIAA off-road auxiliary lights on the ARB bumper.
  • Interior has been detailed twice since I've owned it, cleaned regularly, and treated with an ozone generator for odors.
  • WeatherTech floor liners.
  • Factory 120 electrical plug in the rear.
  • Dealer serviced at Kendall Toyota of Bend for 119k miles with previous owner, and serviced with quality local mechanics since I've owned it.
  • No accidents, no mud, no flood, no rust.
  • No heavy off-road use and no rock crawling, but it has been on its share of road trips and dirt road adventures.
  • Spark plugs changed at 119k miles. Makes a huge difference. If you already have an FJ, go do this if you haven’t already.
  • Stock FJammer radio with factory sub-woofer.
  • Upgraded Kicker speakers in front doors, dash, rear pillars, and sub.
  • Spare tire is a General Grabber AT2.
  • Off-road package with A-TRAC, locking rear differential, and gauge clusters.
  • No major outstanding maintenance issues.
  • Back-up camera and parking assist sensors.

CAVEATS
  • Loan is still being paid off, so we can do the usual dance at a local bank or credit union if you're financing
  • Has some trail rash from some friendly trees; only affects the surface level clear coat. If it makes a difference, I’ll split the cost of a quality exterior detailing job with you.
  • Roof top tent is NOT included and not for sale.
  • Windshield has a crack (see photo in Imgur link). Most FJ windshields crack easily so I haven't been concerned about rushing to put a new one in.

EXTRAS
  • Hi-Lift jack with roof rack mounting brackets available.

You can totally take this to a local mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. PPIs are always smart.

Price is negotiable, but we are not interested in trades due to the need to pay off the lease. We have equity, so there are no concerns that we're trying to sell you a vehicle with an underwater loan. I'm not overvaluing the aftermarket components; the tires and suspension work having the most long-term value against other stock vehicles within ±20k miles. Price is comparable to other FJs at PNW dealerships with similar mileage and model years, along with what you'd have to spend in post-purchase maintenance and fixes.

We're motivated to sell since we're moving out-of-state in mid-August, though I honestly don’t mind holding onto it longer. :angel It’ll become dealership trade-in chow by end of July if not sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm selling my 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser in excellent mechanical and aesthetic condition. It's had all the recent service jobs and regular oil changes. Most recent was front and rear differentials. The rig is a ton of fun to drive and has been invaluable during Central Oregonian winters. With the roof top tent I get about 17.5 mpg on highway road trips; without the tent I've gotten closer to 19/20 mpg on the highway. This is one of my very favorite vehicles to have owned and driven. The FJ easily has another 200k miles left in its life. We're getting out of this vehicle because we need more cabin space (my wife and I are both very tall) and we'll need to tow more soon, so F150 here we come. Send me a DM, or an email at [email protected].

• VIN: JTEBU4BFXAK080186
  • drive: 4wd
  • odometer: 151226
  • paint color: army green
  • title status: clean
  • transmission: automatic

PHOTOS
https://imgur.com/a/qClGgCQ

FEATURES
  • Brand new Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires (<1k miles), rated best in show at the most recent SEMA convention. Stock wheels (265/70R17)
  • Acoustic sound dampening treatment on the front doors, rear door, and hood. This is a very quiet ride (compared to other FJ Cruisers).
  • Suspension upgraded around 130k miles with 2014 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Ultimate Edition shocks: Bilstein 6112 up front and 5160s in the back. No lift. Ride is very smooth both on- and off-road. My wife can knit while driving on corrugated Forest Service roads.
  • Custom machined billet aluminum shift knobs and climate control dials from Ellis Precision. Factory knobs and dials are available if you want them.
  • ARB steel front bumper (air bag rated for safety).
  • Mile Marker winch on the bumper.
  • PIAA off-road auxiliary lights on the ARB bumper.
  • Interior has been detailed twice since I've owned it, cleaned regularly, and treated with an ozone generator for odors.
  • WeatherTech floor liners.
  • Factory 120 electrical plug in the rear.
  • Dealer serviced at Kendall Toyota of Bend for 119k miles with previous owner, and serviced with quality local mechanics since I've owned it.
  • No accidents, no mud, no flood, no rust.
  • No heavy off-road use and no rock crawling, but it has been on its share of road trips and dirt road adventures.
  • Spark plugs changed at 119k miles. Makes a huge difference. If you already have an FJ, go do this if you haven’t already.
  • Stock FJammer radio with factory sub-woofer.
  • Upgraded Kicker speakers in front doors, dash, rear pillars, and sub.
  • Spare tire is a General Grabber AT2.
  • Off-road package with A-TRAC, locking rear differential, and gauge clusters.
  • No major outstanding maintenance issues.
  • Back-up camera and parking assist sensors.

CAVEATS
  • Loan is still being paid off, so we can do the usual dance at a local bank or credit union if you're financing
  • Has some trail rash from some friendly trees; only affects the surface level clear coat. If it makes a difference, I’ll split the cost of a quality exterior detailing job with you.
  • Roof top tent is NOT included and not for sale.
  • Windshield has a crack (see photo in Imgur link). Most FJ windshields crack easily so I haven't been concerned about rushing to put a new one in.

EXTRAS
  • Hi-Lift jack with roof rack mounting brackets available.

You can totally take this to a local mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. PPIs are always smart.

Price is negotiable, but we are not interested in trades due to the need to pay off the lease. We have equity, so there are no concerns that we're trying to sell you a vehicle with an underwater loan. I'm not overvaluing the aftermarket components; the tires and suspension work having the most long-term value against other stock vehicles within ±20k miles. Price is comparable to other FJs at PNW dealerships with similar mileage and model years, along with what you'd have to spend in post-purchase maintenance and fixes.

We're motivated to sell since we're moving out-of-state in mid-August, though I honestly don’t mind holding onto it longer. :angel It’ll become dealership trade-in chow by end of July if not sooner.
Nice looks like she is ready for some serious trail riding.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Capt C, that she is! She’s a great rig and I’m sad to see her go. If only the seats didn’t suck so much. The passenger experience is just horrible for me and my wife since we’re so tall. There’s no legroom for either of us in the passenger seat, and no headroom for me. I don’t think even putting in 4Runner seats would fix it because Toyota designs its seats to be low to the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts