Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale: Custom spare gas tank made by forum member Dale Durham who used tobe in Oklahoma. Bought and installed in 2012. Recently when I started rehabing my FJ to sell, We removed it. According to Dale it fits all FJ's from 2010 up. I will also include a complete set of installation instructions. $250 picked up in the Denver Metro area. I'm not able to ship it. It holds 10.8 gallons according to Dale. Also a roof ladder for a Gobi roof rack that fits on the drivers side of the spare tire on the rear. In very nice condition, although the powder coat is faded somewhat in spots. Will need new double sided tape to mount. You can get installation instructions on the GOBI site. $100 picked up in Denver. I don't have pictures of the tank currently but the rack has been listed before on craig's list. The only picture i have is below. I will not ship any of this anywhere. However, if you are in or near the Denver metro area, I will arrange to meet you at a convenient place for both of us.

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Bicycle part Composite material
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Tire Motor vehicle
Wood Grey Road surface Concrete Composite material
Road surface Grey Asphalt Floor Composite material
Road surface Grey Asphalt Composite material Gas

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, sorry. Shipping is too expensive and I have no way to box or wrap the item for that purpose. Consequently, if someone outside of my area is needing one, they need to look further than this ad. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Up underneath the back end below your luggage area and over and behind the rear axle. It will only fit a 2010 to 2017. It might be adaptable to an earlier model. Are you in Colorado? It has a built in and welded on skid plate that has space between the tank and the plate. I have a full set of instructions including pictures from the man who designed and made them, Dale Durham, who was a forum member here. However, Dale may have passed on to his great reward. He was fighting heart trouble last time I heard from him. I can try to take a couple of pictures of it if you like. It holds 10.8 gallons according to Dale. Let me know. Bill

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I added 4 pictures of the tank to the ad. The tank is made of stainless steel but before we originally installed it, it was painted black on the exterior. It looks dirty on the outside because it was under the back after installation for nearly 10 years.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You apparently figured it out just fine. What do you want to know. The pictures are on the ad. I have a complete copy of the instructions with pictures that Dale Durham sent me when I bought the tank. The tank is stainless steel and has a welded on skid plate. Dale said it will fit all FJ's from 2010 and up. But it may be adaptable to the earlier ones depending on how good a mechanic and fabricator you are. If you are in or close to the Denver metro area you can come by and see it. The price is listed. What else would you like to know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to buy a filler cap opening and cut a hole through the left rear black rubber side of the vehicle and install your filler. I didn't use the one that Dale used because I couldn't find one. Then you buy an extra small fuel pump that you mount to the crossmember forward of the tank. The fuel goes directly into the tank. The tank is set up to pump fuel from the auxillary to your main tank by using an electrical switch that you put into an empty spot on your lower dash in front of the console. Small electrical rocker switch. When you hit that you the fuel moves to your main tank and goes into your normal fuel tank. I'll see if I can get a screen shot from the instructions of the exterior filler.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is a screen shot of the filler and location from the instructions. All of the tubing, fuel pump, nuts and bolt and everything you need to do the installation is listed and shown in the instructions. You can buy a small electrical fuel pump at an auto parts store. The filler opening, Dale uses, came from a Marine supply store near him in Oklahoma. The filler opening I used was a salvage off an old land rover, but it was riveted to the molding and so it didn't come off. Most of the stuff that was used in my installation was old and just got tossed when we took it out. The pump had quit. If I have another dash rocker switch, I'll give it to you but those are cheap and easy to find.

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts