Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a 5.25" blue cone components. i have both mids in , a fresh set of tweeters and a set of crossovers.

i have four mids, two are the new style with some real badass grilles, and the older set with a good looking grille, just not as g status. the new style sounds slightly better.

asking $200 for system with old style mids (still probably whats sold at dealers as the current set, they are only months old)

asking $250 for the system with the new style mids.

msrp is $777.00

those are the new style mids below, the smaller ones. the old style looks just like the 6.5"s above.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are these "drop-ins" for the existing speakers or do they require custom installation?

Thanks.
they will require an adapter plate. if you want, i can make you a set for an extra 15 bucks for the tweeter and mid plates. then they will be drop in.

this is the set i made for my FJ.

with a ref blue cone in it.

the tweeter plates dont need to be painted because you cant see them, but i can plaint them if desired.

i can make you a set for the tweeters as well.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I'm going to have to pass on these. I've got a NIB set of speakers and an amplifier that I bought years ago and never got a chance to install. I should see if I can get them installed before I buy something else. :lol:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
:couto:
Thanks for the info, but I'm going to have to pass on these. I've got a NIB set of Dynaudio 360s and a Brax amplifier that I bought years ago and never got a chance to install. I should see if I can get them installed before I buy something else. :lol:
hmm, gee thanks for the real interest. come here to brag huh? i would move on dude, dont want to start a pissing contest here...

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's been years since I have been in to car stereos (had the old 2 piece Zapco amp 20 years ago...), but I just picked up an FJ and want to upgrade the stereo. I am interested in these (for nostalgia and good taste's sake) and wonder if these could be run by a higher end HU 40 watts/ch, or is it a waste not to separately amplify these babies?

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's been years since I have been in to car stereos (had the old 2 piece Zapco amp 20 years ago...), but I just picked up an FJ and want to upgrade the stereo. I am interested in these (for nostalgia and good taste's sake) and wonder if these could be run by a higher end HU 40 watts/ch, or is it a waste not to separately amplify these babies?
you will definitely get the clarity and full sound. but with an outboard amplifier, you are going to get much much more out of them, which would be a valid statement with any speaker, even a stock speaker.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, thanks for your honesty. I will probably go with coaxes in that case.
the component set will give you a much better sound due to being able to mount the tweeter in the dash. in the FJ, with the tweeter away from the mid you get a lot better imaging and clarity. keep in mind, this is a SQ set, not really designed to be ran with gobs of power.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts