Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

For the rest of you Newbs...like me

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  mmangels22 
#1 ·
Be careful with this forum. I've discovered a serious flaw here. Lots of time wasted wading through all kinds of awesome info, just the wrong stuff at the wrong time...

Example:

I grab my cup of coffee this morning and start reading through the lift threads, get distracted by the personalized plates thread, and spent the rest of the morning reading about the RTT's (especially the stuff from Corey).

My Point? I'm out of time, have to go to work. I still haven't finished reading about lifts.

Damn, I need more time.

--------------------------------------

Titanium Metallic AT '07, stock but for the dogs so far...

#2 ·
Since your a newbie...you must learn to stay focused and stay on subject...If not you may get addicted, spending way to much time surfing the thousands of threads way into the night. Pretty soon it's work then forum and on and on...Mod maddness leads to many other problems like...maxed credit cards and other forms of depridation :lol:

#4 ·
I guess I should be afraid then because I sit here on break and start all over again ON MY PHONE.

I can hear my wife now @ 2 am: "get off your dam phone and go to sleep"

#18 ·
You just don't know...How true that is! I will travel even further :cheers:

smhazelett,
Listen to FJ6High, that is the most maxed out FJ I have ever seen.

FJ6High,
I finallly got those Trail-Gear sliders on and they look sweet! I also did the mag-lite handle thing we spoke about too. Got to get some pics up soon.
Thank you! for the gracious compliment...It's proof that I'm SICK...In a good way of course :lol:

I really need to see your new sliders and talk some shop TALK :lol: :cheers:

#8 ·
Like any good drug its a slippery slop that leads to marital angst, ulcer and bankruptcy... just remember the first one's free and it's still the best ride in town :)

#10 ·
Like any good drug its a slippery slope that leads to marital angst, ulcer and bankruptcy... just remember the first one's free and it's still the best ride in town :)
:lol:

Wife: "you are NOT going to be spending a bunch of money on that thing right now already"

#9 ·
smhazelett,
Listen to FJ6High, that is the most maxed out FJ I have ever seen.

FJ6High,
I finallly got those Trail-Gear sliders on and they look sweet! I also did the mag-lite handle thing we spoke about too. Got to get some pics up soon.

#12 ·
#11 · (Edited)
Thanks!

I really like that newer Silver you have there!

#19 ·
They (wives) learn real quick that things can get a bit pricey....

Before I even bought mine I had a Warn M9000 winch installed.

I said to her I'm gonna put a winch in and she said no problem.

A few weeks later she found out how much I spent and wised up :lol:
Too late!

She always asks what things cost now :mecry:

#20 · (Edited)
This thread gives me a good laugh. I've already learned my lesson on my '04 Jeep GC build a few years back. It started with the K&N FIPK, then lift/tires/shocks, then complete exhaust, then I went with ARB/winch, rock rails, skids, hitch, etc. I remember when I got the ARB and winch...my wife asked where I got it...and I told here that my contractor neighbor and I built it in his garage. lol...he's got an awesome set of tools. She still doesn't know what it cost, but I can tell you that I will not be as aggressive with the new FJ...I will be smarter and more selective. Not to mention I have too many hobbies. Best of luck to all of the other newbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.