Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking forward to the summit trip so much and apparently my excitement has interested my brother-in-law to the point that he wants to go. Unfortunately he doesn't own an FJ so he would like to know people's thoughts on a Raptor gracing the event.

I told him at least he wasn't showing up in a "Bummer" or "Cheep" :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have been looking forward to the summit trip so much and apparently my excitement has interested my brother-in-law to the point that he wants to go. Unfortunately he doesn't own an FJ so he would like to know people's thoughts on a Raptor gracing the event.

I told him at least he wasn't showing up in a "Bummer" or "Cheep" :lol:
I would love to hear about it's performance on trails vs. open desert running. Give an update on it's performance after the event for those who can't make it.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I think he would be more than welcome, but I would register for the event. The trails at Ouray are not going to test the Raptor or even a stock FJ. Ouray is about the friendships and the beauty of the area. It is not a competition type event.

But honestly I would love to see one up close and personal.

·
Registered
936 Posts
It would be cool to see one out on the trails, so far the only ones that i have seen have been on dealer lots. I don't think you have to have a FJ to attend the summit, one of the organizers doesn't own a FJ.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I say "WELCOME"! I too am curious on it's trail performance, not so much on comparison to the FJs but just to measure it's own ability. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It would be cool to see one out on the trails, so far the only ones that i have seen have been on dealer lots. I don't think you have to have a FJ to attend the summit, one of the organizers doesn't own a FJ.
I saw one on the american "Top Gear" a while back doing some baja stuff and it looked awesome. I was just wondering what it would do on the trails.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I'm sure that the Raptor would be welcome -- more welcome if the driver/crew register for the event so that everyone will feel as if they are there to join in.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I have seen a few on the trail in the springs area before. the hardest thing for them is the long wheel base that I have seen.
I don't know what the wheelbase on the Raptor is, but I had to recover/strap a pick-up truck up Poughkeepsie trail three times as it made it's way up to the wall to recover an FJ that rolled. The 4x4 Dodge pick-up/tow-truck had the power but the wheelbase created a problem on those mining roads.

So X2 Army_Cruiser.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure that the Raptor would be welcome -- more welcome if the driver/crew register for the event so that everyone will feel as if they are there to join in.
Thanks for all support folks. My bad for not making it more clear, he'll be registering for the summit today actually. He's really just as excited to see how the FJs perform out there too and wants to be a part of it all instead of watching from afar. Not in anyway is he going so he can upstage anyone or show off either, All about having fun. :cheers:

·
Registered
838 Posts
My father in Law took his 4 Door Tundra last year and didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My two offroad partners drive a 2011 powerwagon and 2011 raptor... they are both build insanely tough but as others mentioned they have a long wheelbase... lots of rear bumper snags.

I was in the raptor this past weekend during some offroad and it did get up to about 32 degrees approach and 25 rollover (digital clinometer). It went everywhere the powerwagon and FJ went with no issues at all, I think the factory 35s really help it out...he also removed his sway bars.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I would love to hear about it's performance on trails vs. open desert running. Give an update on it's performance after the event for those who can't make it.
Unfortunately the trails in Ouray will not put it to the test...

I think he would be more than welcome, but I would register for the event. The trails at Ouray are not going to test the Raptor or even a stock FJ. Ouray is about the friendships and the beauty of the area. It is not a competition type event.

But honestly I would love to see one up close and personal.
Please register the event.. we could get in some serious trouble with land use over too many vehicles on the trail. Registration is all about keeping it good :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts