Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
It is nice to hear so much positive feedback about the Summit, especially from the nice folks of Ouray.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Wow, I had no idea. I've zipped along on those roads a ton of times....not having any clue there was any speed limit other than how fast my suspension could handle it.

Thanks,
Sean
Not sure how old the signs are but there are plenty along Camp Bird Road where the speed is posted at 15 or 25 and the general sign that says speed is 25 unless posted otherwise. While I waas talking to the ranger he used his gun on every vehicle that passed and wrote down several licence numbers, but he never chased any one down.

I spent a week up there after the Summit and never took my FJC out of low range. While coming back to camp I met an a$$hole on an ATV coming around a corner about 40 mph in a full sideways drift. Somehow we missed each other, but it had to be only a few inches. When I described this moron to the ranger he smiled and said I will get him soon. Apparently this guy is a local who is well know for helmetless and shirtless hi-speed runs on this road. My hope is either they do get him or gravity does.

Ace

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The two years I have been participating in the summit the groups just keep getting better. Our trail leaders have shown exceptional courtesy to other drivers and set a great example.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts