1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with head of sales at Toyota of Fort Worth and he said
they are scheduled to recieve 2 a month, and have pre-ordered 6
already. Damn, it seems these are gonna be hard to get any time
this year. Guess it's from a small production run? Oh, well.
Thought I was ahead, but I suppose I'm behind.

Anyone here from the DFW metroplex with a down payment on one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have spoken with Tony Pan at Plano Toyota a few times, even as most recently as yesterday and he says he has 4 names including mine on a list, he will call each of us when he knows what's what. The first person with a $500 check takes the first one off the truck once purchase is complete.

He would take a deposit but why when can't tell me much, in fact I usually know more then him.

Duffy (Frisco, TX)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sometimes the salespeople are alot less knowledgable than the fanatics. Good luck!

·
Registered
552 Posts
The 2 a month thing might kick in after they get their initial allotment. The way my dealer/fleet manager thought it might work was the first 6 she has ordered will show up as they are made and then they expect to get an allotment of 2 a month. Who knows at this point, maybe trying more than one dealer would be a good strategy.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mappelman said:
Who knows at this point, maybe trying more than one dealer would be a good strategy.
Yep, just made a list of 13 dealerships I'm gonna try. There goes lunch.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mappelman said:
The 2 a month thing might kick in after they get their initial allotment. The way my dealer/fleet manager thought it might work was the first 6 she has ordered will show up as they are made and then they expect to get an allotment of 2 a month. Who knows at this point, maybe trying more than one dealer would be a good strategy.
you're in the bay area yea? what dealership are you going with? you getting a manual? we should gang up and ensure an order of manuals

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Call Geoff Miller in Rancho Santa Margarita (whatever, I don't live in California) - ask him to refer you to a place in the bay area. I bet he's got ties up there somewhere and he has really been easy to work with so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts