Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

Just wanted to get some brainstorming going and see if there was anyone who would be interested in having like a little forum meet and greet or something at this year's FJ Summit? I know some folks participate in the Pre-Summit Moab trip organized here on the forums which is awesome. But for those who will be at the actual Summit, I wanted to gauge interest in the possibility of there being a specific night of the Summit where forum members could meet up for maybe just an hour or so.

This thread is completely open to suggestions, but I think it would be a neat little thing to do. Or maybe like a night trail run or something up Yankee Boy for forum members if we wanted to get a little more involved? I don't know. Thoughts?

Again, I'm just getting this ball rolling and we'll see where it goes. :lol:

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,672 Posts
:rocker: Yes!! I’ve been wanting this for years...Whether it’s just an announced time/spot at Summit HQ to say hello, a trail run, a parking lot meet-up to check out each other’s rigs that we’ve been yakking online about forever...I’m in! :smile

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
:eek:ld: I remember wayyy back when the SUMMIT was a forum get together.

Then Facebook happened.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rocker: Yes!! I’ve been wanting this for years...Whether it’s just an announced time/spot at Summit HQ to say hello, a trail run, a parking lot meet-up to check out each other’s rigs that we’ve been yakking online about forever...I’m in! :smile
I like that idea of having it at Summit HQ one of the evenings at a certain time! Especially if we had at least a couple of our rigs parked next to each other at Twin Peaks with maybe a little sign with FJCruiserForum.com on it!

It would be cool if for those members who showed up we had like little FJCruiserForums stickers or something you know?

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,672 Posts
I like that idea of having it at Summit HQ one of the evenings at a certain time! Especially if we had at least a couple of our rigs parked next to each other at Twin Peaks with maybe a little sign with FJCruiserForum.com on it!

It would be cool if for those members who showed up we had like little FJCruiserForums stickers or something you know?
That sounds really good! I’m staying at Twin Peaks so will be parked there anyhow, but would be cool if forum members meeting each other could also meet their FJs. No idea where there’s a place in walking distance from TP for everyone to park...maybe in the field across 3rd Ave from the tent? Would also be great if there could be an announcement made at Summit about the meetup :wink We need to figure out a good time and day for it, squeeze it in between Trail Leaders meetings, night runs, dinner etc.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Funny but during our first FJ Summit (Summit #7 in 2013) I assumed most if not all attendee's where forum members. I was surprised to find out that was not the case and found even less at TOTH the year before.

Yeah, I think that would be cool to get together if even only for an hour or two. We are staying at the Victorian Inn again so we are walking distance to the tent area but open for other ideas too.

·
Desert Moderator
5,631 Posts
This forum is bad for my wealth...
I just asked for quotes to ship my FJ to the US on a temporary import basis...
It's about $1000 to get it NY - Dubai - I assume it's going to be similar to ship it Dubai - NY, then and epic road trip...

:)
Maybe not this year but possibly a plan for next year to combine it with a family holiday.
My justification is that we wouldn't have to rent a car or pay for internal flights in the US if I shipped the FJ...
I'd also love to take a drive up through Canada to Alaska.
I can see this getting quickly out of control...

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm in. Also would like to volunteer to take photos. I'd just need to hop into someone's FJ for the trail run so that I can get dropped off and take photos, etc..

It's about $1000 to get it NY - Dubai - I assume it's going to be similar to ship it Dubai - NY, then and epic road trip...
That seems like a good price to ship a truck around the world. Usually shipping between LA to NYC is over $1k, so these seems reasonable.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
:eek:ld: I remember wayyy back when the SUMMIT was a forum get together.

Then Facebook happened.
Do you remember the traffic jam on 550 when we did the group photo in that lot on the north end of town Summit #1 ? People had never seen so many FJs and were stopping to take their own pics.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
This forum is bad for my wealth...

:)
Maybe not this year but possibly a plan for next year to combine it with a family holiday.
My justification is that we wouldn't have to rent a car or pay for internal flights in the US if I shipped the FJ...
I'd also love to take a drive up through Canada to Alaska.
I can see this getting quickly out of control...
Sounds like you have complete control.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Bump post. I've been gone for a while but baby I'm BACK!

I'm definitely down to meet up! Just need a when and where.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It would be cool. I've been on the Forum for awhile, not as active as most of you. But it's been a tool I've used since I bought my FJ back in 2007, and a resource for knowing what's going on with the Summit. I'd be in to meet some members.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well now that the time is upon us let's get something set in stone!

Is there a specific night that would work best? Thursday, Friday, or Saturday? I'm thinking on one of the nights that there is an event hosted dinner since hopefully everyone will be in the headquarters area and it would be easier to get together.

What do ya'll think?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts