The Laughing Member
Welcome to fjcruiserforums.com! Please take a moment to read the rules.
First and foremost: Be nice. This is a place for people to discuss the Toyota FJ Cruiser. The FJ Cruiser is not a hot-button political issue or an example of an extreme moral dilemma. It's an automobile. Keep that in mind if you find yourself getting hot under the collar about something on this board. When you address someone on this board, pretend that you're speaking to them in person, and conduct yourself accordingly.
1. Blatant trolling is not allowed. If you have nothing constructive to offer, your account will be banned. Spamming links to competing forums or other businesses is considered trolling. Additionally, there is no thread crapping. This goes hand in hand with having nothing constructive to offer. If you feel like flinging poo, do it in your own thread and not in your fellow man's.
2. Post topics in the appropriate section. This is especially important for topics that belong in Off-Topic, or Super Off-Topic.
3. Keep your avatars free of nudity, pornagraphic, or racial images. The Off-Off Topic sections have been created so that people who want to see those items can, and people who DO NOT want to see them can avoid them. By using an inappropriate avatar/signature, you deny them the ability to avoid it. If an image offends you but does not violate this rule, please use the ignore user feature so that you do not have to view the users avatar.
4. Keep Topic "Titles" Clean.
5. Stay respectful. If you feel something negative towards a user/post, please try to state your case in a calm and respectable fashion. Replying to the post just to stir the pot and not offering anything of value is highly frowned upon. The following are some of the behaviors that are not acceptable:
- Advocacy of suicide or of violence to others: If you tell someone to kill themselves, or to harm someone else, you will be suspended without prior warning. Example: "Go kill yourself."
- Extremely cruel or hateful content directed toward another user: This includes content in private messages.
- Sexual Harrasment. Defined as unwelcome sexual advances, sexual suggestions, or sexual content directed at another user, when reported.
7. You will not post "copyright-protected" material in its entirety. You may post a small snippet of an article, but you may not post the full text. Please provide a link (if possible) to the material.
8. You may only have one membership account. Multiple accounts (sock puppets) are not permitted.
9. You will not post a person's private information that is not otherwise publicly available.
10. Group Buy Policy Users are allowed to conduct group buys through supporting vendors only. Direct to manufacturer group buys are not permitted unless the manufacturer is also a supporting vendor. If a group buy on an item none of the supporting vendors carry is wanted, contact a staff member for permission before organizing the group buy.
11. User Name Policy Your username should not be your email address for your safety on this forum and across the web. Also your username should not be the name of a company unless you are a Supporting Vendor. Mods and Admins reserve the right to ask members to change their username if they feel that your safety might be threatened or if your username could be considered in any way advertising.
12. No Political or Religious Threads All threads of this nature will be deleted, this is a automotive forum.
Warnings, Suspension, & Banning
If a member violates any rules, he or she may be contacted by a moderator with a reminder of the forum rules and a request to keep the rules in mind in the future. Depending upon the severity of the violation, Moderators or Administrators may include a warning that continued violations will result in suspension. Members who have ignored prior warnings or committed a serious breach of their membership agreement may have their membership suspended for a period of time. If necessary a member will be banned from the forum. Also depending on the severity of the action, you MAY NOT receive a warning. Warnings are a courtesy, not a right.