Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been lurking these forums for a while, finally ready to buy and 2 days after I started looking I drove past this sweet 2012 FJ in my home town. My preferred colour scheme and has most of the accessories fitted that I'm after and everything. Took her for a decent spin yesterday and pending finance and mechanical checks should have it within the next few days/week.

Question - is the vinyl roof safe to go through automatic car washes?

·
Registered
610 Posts
“Vinyl roof”? Are you sure it’s not just painted black?

Welcome from WA!

Anyone will tell you, 2012 is the best year. They’re so good, as a matter of fact, that they stopped making them. They were just putting all other cars to shame, so there was a UN Resolution passed and Toyota was forced to back it off starting in 2013. True fact ☝

·
Premium Member
16,493 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
“Vinyl roof”? Are you sure it’s not just painted black?

Welcome from WA!

Anyone will tell you, 2012 is the best year. They’re so good, as a matter of fact, that they stopped making them. They were just putting all other cars to shame, so there was a UN Resolution passed and Toyota was forced to back it off starting in 2013. True fact ☝
Definitely vinyl :)

Just waiting for my bank now - I'm itching at the bit. I was so cool to drive.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

hahahahahahahah!!!!! I really enjoyed that!

·
A-Team Moderator
9,568 Posts
Those are Base exterior mirrors, no marker lights.

"Usually" (not guaranteed, different world markets) the harness is inside the door if you care to switch them out.

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are Base exterior mirrors, no marker lights.

"Usually" (not guaranteed, different world markets) the harness is inside the door if you care to switch them out.

Australian models never had the mirror lights apparently :)

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should be picking her up on Friday!

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The roof is a vinyl wrap? :)
Yep, sure it. Fortunately I have an uncle who does body and paint work, so if the vinyl ever needs to be replaced I could get the roof painted for about the same price ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
That top seems to be calling out for a set of chrome landau bars on the C pillar. Would fill in a otherwise large wasted space. Just might work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts