Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been searching FJ cruisers for a while now and right in my backyard is the rarest of them all.

2014 Ultimate Edition Trail Team Series Heritage Blue - 82500 miles - Asking $33,000!
6k depreciation in 6 years is amazing right?
EDIT: I put a downpayment on it to hold it because it has so much interest. BUT the dealership hasn't even serviced it upon delivery 2 weeks ago and claim they can't service it until end of the month or later due to being so busy.
I'm not comfortable at all paying upwards of 35k for this car that hasn't even been looked at or inspected. Although it is a one owner, looks immaculate (tires look brand new), and is the TTUE..I"m not crazy right?
I can't take it to a local mechanic for pre-purchase inspection because well, I"d have to buy it to get it off the lot. So I'm kinda stuck. I mean, the dealer is reputable but I know they just want me to sign the dotted line and get their money in the end. Should I just keep the deposit and let them hold it until it's serviced, then take it to a mechanic to get a PPI? I don't know anyone who can come check it out on the lot.
Any help here would be great!

·
Premium Member
12,421 Posts
The difference really is the colour, badging and a few fluff options. Now if that is worth $10k to you, go for it.

On the flip side $10k is a fair chunk of money, spend it wisely and you can have your own ultimate FJ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The difference really is the colour, badging and a few fluff options. Now if that is worth $10k to you, go for it.

On the flip side $10k is a fair chunk of money, spend it wisely and you can have your own ultimate FJ
Yea I'm not sure I wanna baby the Ultimate just to keep it looking like a show piece. Spending that extra 10k on roof tents and outdoor gear seems more my style. I'll test drive em both and then decide!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Only you know what if spending the $$$ is worth it, decide what is most important to you and Go for it!

For me choosing a TT was more about getting one of the colors that I like than the features.
Most of the options can be added if you want them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That seems like a high price for an FJ with 82,000+ miles, even if it is a TTUE. If it were me I would see if I could get it lower, or go for the cheaper FJ. If you're already reading this forum, you're going to want to customize it to your preferences anyway - you can get the parts that make it a "special edition" for way less than $10K (unless you really like the TTUE color).

Reactions: CRFjockey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been searching FJ cruisers for a while now and right in my backyard is the rarest of them all.

2014 Ultimate Edition Trail Team Series Heritage Blue - 82500 miles - Asking $33,000!
6k depreciation in 6 years is amazing right?
Just for comparison, there is also good old regular 2014 FJ for sale also nearby for $10,000 less with 10k more miles..
I'm soon to be a first time owner and am struggling here. Get the rare FJ and hold off on customization or get the regular FJ and have 10k to play with for customization?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up an Ultimate Edition in Dallas with 56K miles and paid $33,850!! It’s awesome and always turns heads. I’ve had two FJ Cruisers stop me at a gas station to take a look. Go with the UE!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been driving my TTUE for a few years now and am happy the way it is, no desire to modify, it goes where I want and does what I want so worth the price to me, and the wife loves it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been driving my TTUE for a few years now and am happy the way it is, no desire to modify, it goes where I want and does what I want so worth the price to me, and the wife loves it.
IMO this is when paying up for a Trails Teams makes the most sense. Once it is modified the "special editionness" collectibility of it is greatly diminished.

$10k will buy a lot of specialness.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
$10k for paint and badges? It’s a depreciating asset. You said u don’t want to baby it and make it a showpiece. I agree with that assessment. Drive it, explore, use it how it is meant to be used. Save your money and get the lower priced vehicle because at the most basic level they are the same.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It seems like you’re asking for opinions so here’s mine. Matter of fact it’s how I went about and would do it again. I’d buy the cheapest base model I could find with reasonable miles and save money for skids and other important protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Who wants to keep an FJ stock? Get the regular one and have some fun with it. Keeping an FJ perfect sounds boring as hell to me. :)

Reactions: CRFjockey

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just picked up an Ultimate Edition in Dallas with 56K miles and paid $33,850!! It’s awesome and always turns heads. I’ve had two FJ Cruisers stop me at a gas station to take a look. Go with the UE!!
Yea man. I couldn't pass it up. So many people were inquiring about this vehicle I couldn't leave not having put a down payment on it. It's soon to be parked out back! I did pay a bit over what I had planned but honestly, I don't care. I feel like I own a piece of history haha. Happy riding and I'm sure I'll see ya in future discussions on here as we're both newbie owners!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulations dude!! It’s an awesome car. I love the Heritage Blue. And rarity drives value. I don’t plan on ever selling but if I had to I know I’ll get the premium I paid back or more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a TTUE a few months ago and I’m happy with my purchase. I hope enjoy yours as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
...rarity drives value...
There's no denying the TTUE's resale value, but I think the math may contradict the myth here, at least as far as the TTUE being "rare" goes. According to Wikipedia, 14,718 FJ Cruisers were sold in 2014. As we all know, 2,500 of those were TTUEs, or 17%. That leaves the remaining 83% (12,218 FJs) split amongst the remaining 6 colors. Assuming they were produced in equal amounts, that means each remaining color represents 14% of the total 2014 FJs sold, or 2,036 FJs in each color not Heritage Blue. So... the TTUE might not be the most "rare" of the 2014 FJs after all. :p

1 - 20 of 71 Posts