Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks! Sounds like you got a great deal there and welcome to the group from another new guy! I couldn't afford 2 years to dwell on the purchase but I knew within a day that I wanted an FJ and lo and behold a 2014 TTUE popped up for sale within 40 min of my house...and..she..is..stunning. I mean, I've already spent 3 days underneath clearing out any surface rust and priming it for the winter. I read the whole manual already. Just waiting on seat covers to arrive and a possibly a roof tent so I can start overlanding ASAP!
So glad to see you bought the 2014TTUE. When I first saw the 2012TT I loved it but at the same time there was a 2011 Brick Red with only 17K miles for $10K less than the 2012 Radiant Red TT. I went for the color I loved and I have never regretted it. Every time I drive it I'm so glad I bought the 2012TT. Just like yours it is still a head turner. Congratulations!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have a 2014 ultimate edition. Bought it new 6 years ago. Lately I have been thinking of trading it for a Ford Bronco or maybe a 4 runner. I don't drive it much. It has 20K miles and some change on the odometer. The only thing holding me back at the moment is my wife. She likes the fj and don't want me to part with it. So it sits mostly under a tarp with a few miles now and then to keep the battery charged.

·
Registered
2013 FJ Cruiser #885/2500
61 Posts
IMO this is when paying up for a Trails Teams makes the most sense. Once it is modified the "special editionness" collectibility of it is greatly diminished.

$10k will buy a lot of specialness.
I got 2013 TT SE WITH 63k on it for 28,900 in feb but only because it was listed incorrectly at the dealership. It should have been listed for 33,900.

THE TT UE will def good it’s value but it all comes down to how much you want to mod it.

I love the cement grey a ton even more then the 2014 Blue so thats why I went for mine.

Look at all the differences between a base model and the UE, and make that decision but... these FJ’s don’t last long at all on a lot or anywhere so, the question is how long has it been up for sale? If its been up for a while I would def question the move a little more but still... as long as Toyota doesn’t release a new FJ, the value on yours will hold for a while.

I’m all in with mine, and I solidified that commitment with the 150+ hr project I’m working on now lol.

Mine was garaged and never taken off road ever. Make sure to look for rust, thats the biggest issue with many FJ’s

I may be only 5 months into JOINING THE FJ FAMILY but I love it. So your gonna buy it to own forever... if not, don’t get it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2014 ultimate edition. Bought it new 6 years ago. Lately I have been thinking of trading it for a Ford Bronco or maybe a 4 runner. I don't drive it much. It has 20K miles and some change on the odometer. The only thing holding me back at the moment is my wife. She likes the fj and don't want me to part with it. So it sits mostly under a tarp with a few miles now and then to keep the battery charged.
I would wait a few years to see how the broncos hold up... but. Everyone and their mother is gonna have one, kinda like the Tesla, thats why I say pass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I got 2013 TT SE WITH 63k on it for 28,900 in feb but only because it was listed incorrectly at the dealership. It should have been listed for 33,900.

THE TT UE will def good it’s value but it all comes down to how much you want to mod it.

I love the cement grey a ton even more then the 2014 Blue so thats why I went for mine.

Look at all the differences between a base model and the UE, and make that decision but... these FJ’s don’t last long at all on a lot or anywhere so, the question is how long has it been up for sale? If its been up for a while I would def question the move a little more but still... as long as Toyota doesn’t release a new FJ, the value on yours will hold for a while.

I’m all in with mine, and I solidified that commitment with the 150+ hr project I’m working on now lol.

Mine was garaged and never taken off road ever. Make sure to look for rust, thats the biggest issue with many FJ’s

I may be only 5 months into JOINING THE FJ FAMILY but I love it. So your gonna buy it to own forever... if not, don’t get it.
Good points. It was on the lot for a week maybe and had multiple interests each day but no one was willing to pay $33k for it. I just finished my whole rust repair project underneath and found just some surface rust which is now painted over and I'll throw some Fluid FIlm on it before the northeast winters!
I'm not planning on modifying it too much since it already has the OEM rock sliders and roof rack which is a good starting point for me. I don't plan on driving up boulders but I do plan on taking it through the backwoods for camping/hiking/overlanding trips around the US and maybe beyond...we'll see how this pandemic plans out but I wouldn't mind doing a round the world trip with it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could I speak with you about the FJ by phone?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good points. It was on the lot for a week maybe and had multiple interests each day but no one was willing to pay $33k for it. I just finished my whole rust repair project underneath and found just some surface rust which is now painted over and I'll throw some Fluid FIlm on it before the northeast winters!
I'm not planning on modifying it too much since it already has the OEM rock sliders and roof rack which is a good starting point for me. I don't plan on driving up boulders but I do plan on taking it through the backwoods for camping/hiking/overlanding trips around the US and maybe beyond...we'll see how this pandemic plans out but I wouldn't mind doing a round the world trip with it!
congrats on your purchase! Sorry for the delayed reply I’m going through my emails since I broke my phone it took 10 days to get a new one. (Stupid covid) Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been searching FJ cruisers for a while now and right in my backyard is the rarest of them all.

2014 Ultimate Edition Trail Team Series Heritage Blue - 82500 miles - Asking $33,000!
6k depreciation in 6 years is amazing right?
EDIT: I put a downpayment on it to hold it because it has so much interest. BUT the dealership hasn't even serviced it upon delivery 2 weeks ago and claim they can't service it until end of the month or later due to being so busy.
I'm not comfortable at all paying upwards of 35k for this car that hasn't even been looked at or inspected. Although it is a one owner, looks immaculate (tires look brand new), and is the TTUE..I"m not crazy right?
I can't take it to a local mechanic for pre-purchase inspection because well, I"d have to buy it to get it off the lot. So I'm kinda stuck. I mean, the dealer is reputable but I know they just want me to sign the dotted line and get their money in the end. Should I just keep the deposit and let them hold it until it's serviced, then take it to a mechanic to get a PPI? I don't know anyone who can come check it out on the lot.
Any help here would be great!
Hell yeah get it. I paid 30K for 2012, one owner,great shape 95K miles. had for 1 year and luv it!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hell yeah get it. I paid 30K for 2012, one owner,great shape 95K miles. had for 1 year and luv it!!!
Hell yea! I bought it for 35k after taxes and well, it's life changing honestly! I've had it for 3 weeks or so now and I already have new upgraded sliders coming after selling the OEM's and well, I'm still getting used watching my gas gauge fall like a meteor everytime I drive!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts