Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a nice silver '07, had the smallest of tell-tale over spray trace inside the fuel door. Shows on car fax as having been in accident but of course doesn't say how bad. Seems it was limited to outer sheet metal and no sign of inner body and or frame impact. 37k miles, package 2, roof rack, sub woofer, front brush guard w/nice lights, Toyo rubber mats front and rear, trailer hitch, spare cover, sub woofer. Has slight nick in one wheel, excellent brakes and rotors, tiny scratch in clear coat (1/2 in) on drivers door. Got them down to $22,000 .... what do you think? should I go for it or back away because of the accident on car fax?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I would think you could get them to come down at least a few grand. As long as you're sure the damage was minor, use the accident as leverage and offer them less than you think they'll take. If they don't take your offer, leave. Let them call you back.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Too much money for damaged goods, keep shopping or get the price WAYYYYYYYYYY down. $16K to 18K sounds more like it. Good luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
just bought my 07,silver with all the same options except the brush guard. one owner with all the maintenance records and not a scratch. 49k miles and a 6spd for 19. there was another one an 08 that was claimed frame damage fully loaded for 24. took one look at it and walked away (dealer just got a 100k fine for selling salvage vehicles and not disclosing). i'd talk them down to right about 16-17 like the others said. there are plenty of others out there without anything wrong

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you can find one in better shape for less $$$. 22k sounds a little steep.

I do think the 15-17 number thrown out there might be just a tad low number though. I'd say 17's- low 18's would be a possibility. If it was a trade in & the guy took a butt raping to get out of it, would make the above posters prices more of a realistic number to get at. I only say this cuz, I just spent a few months looking for one at a reasonable price within 300 mi of me. I also had a friend who's wholesaler showing me what they go for at the Manheim auctions.

Good luck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts