Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByAG Free1369197207.906779.jpg

Parking lot damage, which I found after getting home. Any suggestions to fix? Plastic-dip? Dupli-color?

The gouges aren't deep, but likely need to be sanded out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sand down and repaint is all i would do. Perfect time to do the blackout if you so wish to:bigthumb:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Clearly that damage requires you to consider buying a new bumper from your favorite vendor.

I like the suggestion of bed liner when properly prepped it is near bombproof.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... looks like I have a "project" this weekend... !

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
looks like a Duplicolor job ... it would be nice to see the before picture with an after picture from a purely selfish point of view ... I have similar damage on my back bumper done the same way ie parking lot ...

:clap::clap:

2007 FJ Cruiser – C Pckge - AT
Voodoo Blue

Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift
Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T

·
Registered
452 Posts
Something about rear right side bumper wings....I too have some pretty deep gouges but they're more toward the bottom edge, as in trail/rock rash. I would take a razor blade and shave flush any high spots, then sand, and perhaps fill any low spots with some kind of filler, then paint the color of your choice. I just last weekend painted my front wings, using Fusion 'for plastic' satin black paint. Went on really nice and smooth, but a bit more glossy than I wanted. Thinking about hitting it with some rubbing compound to dull it down just a tad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts