Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have Fox 2.5 Coilovers and 14” 700# springs, how many threads do you have exposed above the adjustment collar and how much lift did it net?

I’m asking because I have Fox 2.5 Coilovers and 14” 700# springs currently off the truck and want to make my initial adjustments while it’s off. From the factory, they come with 14” 600# springs with the collar nearly at the top with 2-3 threads exposed which makes it seem like there will be a lot of turning. I know there might be fine tuning after I install them but hoping to get a good baseline to avoid fighting the collar with all the pressure against it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
For those who have Fox 2.5 Coilovers and 14” 700# springs, how many threads do you have exposed above the adjustment collar and how much lift did it net?

I’m asking because I have Fox 2.5 Coilovers and 14” 700# springs currently off the truck and want to make my initial adjustments while it’s off. From the factory, they come with 14” 600# springs with the collar nearly at the top with 2-3 threads exposed which makes it seem like there will be a lot of turning. I know there might be fine tuning after I install them but hoping to get a good baseline to avoid fighting the collar with all the pressure against it.

Thanks!
I'm running foxies/remote 2.5's with 700# coils

p-side 14/15 threads (26.12mm or 1.03in or 1-1/32in converted) it gives me approx 2" lift with RA bumper.
d-side is 19/18 threads (34mm, 1.34in, 1-11/32in)

I went from 600# to 650# now on 700# for last 6 months. I should have just gone to the 700's but wanted do it incrementally.
Hope this helps.

-J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. After more research, I figured 1” of threads was a good place to start so that’s what I did. Glad to read yours is the same. I have a bit more weight than just a bumper though so I may go up another 1/4” to 1/2”. And great timing on your response since I’m swapping springs tomorrow.

Thanks!
I'm running foxies/remote 2.5's with 700# coils

p-side 14/15 threads (26.12mm or 1.03in or 1-1/32in converted) it gives me approx 2" lift with RA bumper.
d-side is 19/18 threads (34mm, 1.34in, 1-11/32in)

I went from 600# to 650# now on 700# for last 6 months. I should have just gone to the 700's but wanted do it incrementally.
Hope this helps.

-J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts