Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I running with FOX about two years. Its for a serious ride. Its hard but in high speed in a bar road fox is brilliant. Very stable and predictable. On roads is slightly more harsh than stock and toytec.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Without quoting, King has color options available, or can be ordered Al. Have to specify the coil color as well, otherwise you'll get blue.

Ran King's and they were awesome. running Radflo's on LT and they're now even better than the King's (note. They should be, since it's a high dollar front end).

Unsolicited advice. Before buying anything, call/email Glenn at Radflo and get his take on the FJC.

My opinion. Unless you're hardcore desert bombing, resi's are for looks and not necessary, and don't get too caught up in heavier front coils due to aftermarket adds. 600s are fine, and I don't see a need for anything more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If your interested. I've got Toytec's on mine now and will be switching to Sway a way's in a few months. I'm right up the road from you and I will sell the Toytec's to you for $200 when I pull them. I've only had them on for a year. That way if you don't like them your only out $200. I don't have any complaints about them.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I have ridden in someone elses FJ with Toytec and they were too stiff for my comfort. I run Icons and I like them fine.

I think Icon, SAW, Fox and King are in a different class than Toytec...of course, you pay to upgrade to that class.

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
I have ridden in someone elses FJ with Toytec and they were too stiff for my comfort. I run Icons and I like them fine.

I think Icon, SAW, Fox and King are in a different class than Toytec...of course, you pay to upgrade to that class.
Toytecs must have been new, or cranked supper high. Mine were stiff for the first 5k, by 10k they had settled in nicely. Now with 25k on them they ride very soft, maybe a little too soft for most, however I have them adjusted with a lower stance which makes the spring open up more giving it a softer ride along with an aftermarket bumper, winch and armor.

I agree that SAW, Fox, King, and the upper end Icon is above ToyTec. Not sure I agree about the Icon Stage 1 vs the Toytec Ultimate, but I have Toytec so I'm probably bias. These brands also cost a lot more than the Toytec.

I am surprised Icon hasn't been bought up more in this thread. Lots of people like them. Might want to consider this route as well. I won't recommend them because I have them on the rear and the squeak all the time driving me crazy.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If your interested. I've got Toytec's on mine now and will be switching to Sway a way's in a few months. I'm right up the road from you and I will sell the Toytec's to you for $200 when I pull them. I've only had them on for a year. That way if you don't like them your only out $200. I don't have any complaints about them.
The toytec suspension you are currently running is it the ultimate 3" lift package like the picture below?

toyteclift.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Toytecs must have been new, or cranked supper high. Mine were stiff for the first 5k, by 10k they had settled in nicely. Now with 25k on them they ride very soft, maybe a little too soft for most, however I have them adjusted with a lower stance which makes the spring open up more giving it a softer ride along with an aftermarket bumper, winch and armor.

I agree that SAW, Fox, King, and the upper end Icon is above ToyTec. Not sure I agree about the Icon Stage 1 vs the Toytec Ultimate, but I have Toytec so I'm probably bias. These brands also cost a lot more than the Toytec.

I am surprised Icon hasn't been bought up more in this thread. Lots of people like them. Might want to consider this route as well. I won't recommend them because I have them on the rear and the squeak all the time driving me crazy.
Interesting about the Toytec stiffness dissapating over time. I think the one I rode in also was using a OEM UCA which is not a fair comparison. Also, for the record, I think the Toytec Ultimate is a great value. I am just throwing the other names out there if money is no option. I also forgot Radflo; they also probably belong in that upper tier with the names previously mentioned.

I have heard of Icon's squeaking; however, I had an Icon stage six and now Icon long travel front and Icon long travel rear bypasses with not a squeak to report.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
銀チタン;2132490 said:
My opinion. Unless you're hardcore desert bombing, resi's are for looks and not necessary
X2. Nice bling though. :lol:

I'm running the ToyTec Ultimate and very happy with it so far.

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
銀チタン;2132490 said:
My opinion. Unless you're hardcore desert bombing, resi's are for looks and not necessary, ...
X2. Nice bling though. :lol:
I have beer cans with Icon stickers in my fenderwells... :rofl::lol: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
I have beer cans with Icon stickers in my fenderwells... :rofl::lol: :cheers:
Come on....step it up! You at least need Monster "BFC"'s :lol:

In the case of the Fox piggybacks- they come with an adjustable set-up. so its nice for that reason. Main issue I have is the spring is too stiff (+3.5")

21 - 32 of 32 Posts