Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new here but I have searched.
I maybe wrong but it doesn't seem like there are too many running Fox coilovers. Wondering why this is, since cost is comparable to Icons?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
People tend to go with what they know works. I chose Fox because on all of my grandpa's offroad toys: jeeps, sandcars, and even on his work trucks, he runs Fox. Feeling the ride, build quality, and customer service I chose them. I would get them, I was happy with mine even though the ride was a little rough. I would say that it was like that because of the people that installed it on my rig. They are awesome shocks though! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
There is a direct relation between the amount the company spends on advertising and the number of people that use their products. This was discussed in a different thread about the number of people that run Icon's. Fox spends their advertising money on the Dirtbike/ATV market and I think that because their name doesn't get thrown around here much means that most people just overlook them as an option.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
They are my choice when the $ is there for them. I have loved them on my MT and MX bikes. I am confident that their quality will be there on their auto products as well.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Yea foxes are good stuff. I have yet to see a complaint but as stated above, they aren't the "popular" setup like Icon, due to different advertising methods and lack of forum sponsorship.

I went with Walker Evans another company that does little to no advertising to truck owners, as their bread and butter is ATV suspension.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy Fox for my FJ....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I run Fox and could not be happier :cheers:

I put them on for my FJ's 150,000 mile present. I have 170,000 now and honestly wish I did this mod when 9-Ball was new. Holy cow!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just recently added them to the setup. I got them and Camburg upper arms. Decided against the rears and went with Radflos and the MetalTech rear coils. Couldn't be any happier. I have them only cranked up a little and love them.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Yea foxes are good stuff. I have yet to see a complaint but as stated above, they aren't the "popular" setup like Icon, due to different advertising methods and lack of forum sponsorship.

I went with Walker Evans another company that does little to no advertising to truck owners, as their bread and butter is ATV suspension.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy Fox for my FJ....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
There are plenty of complaints out there about every shock mfg if you look around. Even on here.

Wouldn't let one complaint sway my decision on a product. Rather talk to the company first hand and have them answer my questions and illustrate their customer service before taking a good or bad review as gospel

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
There are plenty of complaints out there about every shock mfg if you look around. Even on here.

Wouldn't let one complaint sway my decision on a product. Rather talk to the company first hand and have them answer my questions and illustrate their customer service before taking a good or bad review as gospel
Great bit of advice!
A little off topic but along the same lines... I learned when shopping for appliances to talk to the repairmen rather than read the reviews. There were some definite contradictions due to customer service and product support. Sift through the information at hand and make your purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts