Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i am new to the forums and had a few questions. I have an 08 tt and bought fox ext travel shocks and TC UCA for the front and Fox 2.0 piggyback stock replacements for the rear. The problem i have is when the Fox rear shocks are at full the droop, the coil springs come loose and brake lines are streched to there limits. I re-installed the stock rear shocks for now so i can drive it to and from work. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Called Fox and confirmed that they are the correct part number. Any info would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the rear coil are stock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi everyone, i am new to the forums and had a few questions. I have an 08 tt and bought fox ext travel shocks and TC UCA for the front and Fox 2.0 piggyback stock replacements for the rear. The problem i have is when the Fox rear shocks are at full the droop, the coil springs come loose and brake lines are streched to there limits. I re-installed the stock rear shocks for now so i can drive it to and from work. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Called Fox and confirmed that they are the correct part number. Any info would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the rear coil are stock.
Sounds like you have the same set up as I do. I went with the 2" ICON coils in the rear and I've gad no issues. I even installed the ICON lower control arms to give me more flex, and havent had any issues with my Fox piggys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the info. I am considering going with the Toytec Superflex rear coils. How do you like the set up so far? I have not had a chance to go test it out yet(was sent the wrong resevoir brackets). Might have a chance to go out this weekend if i don't run out of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts