Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends ..

I have local dealers for Fox Shocks and oldman brands i search for Icon but we dont have is in our country.( I search here in thread about fox but i dint found any section or topics for Fox Shocks)

anyway i would like to see some of you who install the fox shocks and their FJ and your experience, i wand to see the level and how the car looks after installing the front and real Fox.

last thing

compering Fox with Icon, which is better here.

Regards

·
Premium Member
10,770 Posts
G'day.
you might want to add King suspension to the list if you are desert bombing in the dunes.
cheers
Baz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about a five minute video of them at work:

Testing my new Fox Suspension - YouTube

Pics of how they look are on my build thread. (see signature)

I am in love with them! I went with fox 2.5 up front and 2.0 in the rear. So far, I am extremely happy with them.
very helpful ..

the suspension looks good specially with the front heavy metal bumper.

did you notice any issues regarding this Fox? what about rear suspension which one did you use ? shocks with spring or only shocks?

BTW very nice modes i Like ;)

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
I ran Fox all around on my long travel and they worked flawlessly. The front coil overs are still there but warped the rears out for Icon bypass shocks for more body lean control since I don't run sway bars.

How the rig looks will depend on you since the Fox coil overs are adjustable from 0-3.5" of height. I'd say stay away from the 2" models and only get the 2.5" for the front coil overs. Many found out the hard way in the beginning that these rigs are are a lot more demanding than the Tacoma pick up which the 2" was designed for.

A nice set up would be if you could get them is the Fox 2.5" front coil overs with reservoirs (I believe now have adjustable rebound options- definitely worth it if your in the dunes).

Rear- Either Fox 2.5" rear shocks or the 2" Piggyback shock. They do make an adjustable piggyback (8 way rebound) but I never could find they made much of a difference because I carried a lot of weight on my rear bumper. Lighter rigs may benefit more from this.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
very helpful ..

the suspension looks good specially with the front heavy metal bumper.

did you notice any issues regarding this Fox? what about rear suspension which one did you use ? shocks with spring or only shocks?

BTW very nice modes i Like ;)
No issues whatsoever. The rear is just 2.0 shocks and then the coils were replaced with All Pro heavy duty coils.

Thanks!:grin

·
Registered
788 Posts
Find out who offers better service in your area and buy them.. when it's time for a rebuild you don't want to have to ship them out and wait a month to get them back.. Fox and King typically are the easiest to get serviced anywhere

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am running the 2.0 coilovers non-piggyback in the front and 2.0 shock no piggyback in the rears. They replaced the blown stock shocks in the rear and OEM coilovers with 2" spacers in the front. The difference is night and day! I really like the way the shocks make the ride feel now. There is very little body roll and at speed (on pavement) they feel awesome. I opted for the 2.0 in the front due to keeping my rig mostly stock with no big heavy front bumper and only using my rig for slow crawling when off road. I don't typically get up to speed when off road so there was no real need for real heavy shock set up with piggyback reservoirs. I am completely satisfied with my fox shocks and they weren't too bad of an install.

BTW, I replaced all four shocks with 87k miles on the clock. It was more than overdue for suspension upgrade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts