Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have read up some on this but still not sure. I have fox shox 2.0 front coils adjusted to a three inch lift. Love them to death, but I am getting a clunk every time they fully extend. This has happened since day one.
I have checked and rechecked for sway bar contact on the skid and coils. Now could it be the nitrogen level?
If that is the case where can I get nitrogen? Will a local dealer be able to fill them?

Thanks for any input.

·
Wanderlust
4,157 Posts
You can also check for binding at both the upper and lower shock mounts at full droop. Do you have the factory Upper control arms or aftermarket. The clunking may also from the the UCA balls at full droop. Have you tried reducing the front ride height? The CV joints may also be binding at full droop. IHMO, I don't think it the nitrogen pressure which should be between 160 and 200 psi. You can get your shocks recharged at offroad shops. HTH

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I have aftermarket allpro UCAs. Never thought to check that. And yes I tried lowering the height to two inches same noise. Thanks for the input really helpfull now I have other things to look into.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
504 Posts
you sure the UCA isn't contacting the spring at full droop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey there TT FJ,

i'm having the same problem with my 2008 F 150 after fixing the FOX 2.5" coil-overs with reservoure.

i checked the Nitrogen pressure and it was ok (200 PSI), but i still have the noise when the coil is fully extended (when passing a speed bump for example).

i have 35" tyres and some times i think that it could be because of the tyres size.

Anyone ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
X3 on walker evans lift + plus 35s. I never did hear it until my buddy brought it up to me as he was standing outside and I was going over a speed bump.

WTF is that noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think that the SHOX modification usually needs an upgrade of the UCA in order to have enough traveling distance for the new SHOX.

im still searching on this matter, but i need to know where did TT FJ reach on this matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts