Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well.. I figured its time to start a build thread! Sorry if it sucks! :lol:

So when I turned 16 my parents bought me a '89 Buick Park Ave. for $1000 and told me if I went from 16-18 with no tickets or accidents they would buy me a car for 10k or give me 10k and I get a loan for the rest.

After 2 years with the Buick and 6 break downs! Thank God for AAA! :rofl:

Still with no tickets or accidents! It was time for me to start looking for a car!! :D I was looking at getting a '08 Subaru Impressa STI was ready to buy it and everything but... 180 a month insurance stopped me...

So I went on a walk threw a new neighborhood handing out flyers for my moms cupcake business and there were 2 FJ's parked on the curb of one house and I always liked them but thought they were way out of my price range but figured I would look.

Got home and looked on KSL(local for sale classifieds) and Fred was the first one to pop up!(I call him Fred cause I got him on Friday the 13th but I didn't like Jason so I went with another horror film character) Fully loaded 2007 with 79k miles on it for 18,500!! Called they guy up and me and my mom drove to meet him for a test drive! We didn't tell my dad about looking at it just sent him this picture...

(I look retarded in this pic... I know...)
He called me within 5 mins and I told him all about it! He called they guy and set up a test drive/ having a mechanic look at it the next day. My dad fell in love with it and it was mine on 7-13-12!!

Here he is on day one!

The mods started immediately... :lol:
1st was PlastiDiping the stock wheels

Loved the look but IMHO PlastiDip sucks!! :lol: Only lasted about 3 weeks then it flew off on the highway!
Next was an axe and shovel mount I made from a thread on here.

Then I lost it.... Spent over 1k in mods in the first month...

Custom light bar made by my friend with four 7'' offroad lights
Aeroflows(Thanks 1/2mill for the velcro!)
NestahEdition CB Am/Fm radio antena
Mpac rear door rack and straddle
And other things! :lol:

Then I found a great deal on some steelies and got those!!

Since then the mods have slowed down and just been focusing on school! And offroading as much as I can!!

Also made some great friends on this forum!! That I love to offroad with!

Well... I think Ive covered most of it.... Hope you enjoy it!! More to come!!! :cheers:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
You've got a good start on the FJ mods and the wheeling. Good job.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Off to a good start! Who's first gen. x is that in the background? My buddy in highschool had a second gen. that he modded at about the same rate as I did the FJ and we would always wheel together. Then he moved on to a disco II that we've spent more time getting to run rather than running it...

·
Premium Member
10,901 Posts
G'day Fred,
Don't feel guilty !!!... you should be proud of what you have achieved..
Great start to your FJ build ..
Looking forward to watching the build and you progress !!!
Cheers
Baz
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!! Got to start somewhere!! Hopefully a Icon lift soon! But thats alot of $$!

Kim I can't wait for the sub!!! Im so excited!! :D

Tornado Its my friend RJ's he's the one who made my light bar and railing in the back cargo area! He's a great welder! He's got alot into his Xterra Just put a snorkel on yesterday! But heres a month old pic.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Nice FJ bro! I've always liked the yellow on black look. :rocker:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
When I test drove my FJ the guy asked me if I was 16 yet and had my license.... :mecry:
Lol. Same thing happened to me. I had my permit, but when we asked to test drive it, he said of course not, that's illegal. Haha, then he found out I had my permit and then let me test drive it with my grandpa. :lol:

Cool build by the way!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Thanks guys!! Got to start somewhere!! Hopefully a Icon lift soon! But thats alot of $$!

Kim I can't wait for the sub!!! Im so excited!! :D

Tornado Its my friend RJ's he's the one who made my light bar and railing in the back cargo area! He's a great welder! He's got alot into his Xterra Just put a snorkel on yesterday! But heres a month old pic.
I've had my FJ for almost 5 years now and just threw on the icons. It's been a long, slow build, but worth it!

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Looking great and glad you're having fun with it! :rocker:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
great lookin' FJ, Caleb:rocker:...........................It looks so much better without your front mud flaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:
I'll try to have pics soon,,,,,,,,,,,,so you'll remember what they looked like!!:lol:
Jax':wave:

1 - 20 of 203 Posts