Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
You did a fantastic job with the welding. Looks professional. Doesn’t look easy either with all small pieces. :rocker:
Again, thank you for your kind words. Welding is a skill that must be practiced regularly to stay sharp, and I don't get nearly enough practice! Some of the welds are far from pretty, but they're not boogers, and I'm confident that it is structurally sound. Besides, the bed-liner spray does a good job of covering up a multitude of evils. LOL!:rofl: There were quite a few pieces to it, along with the extra ones I made. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming. I bought a Milwaukee porta-band saw, and it made cutting my plate & gussets so much easier. $300 well spent!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hey people! Another long break between post & pictures. This Summer season was pretty good, even with as much travelling I did for work, I was able to get some things done on the rig.

I finally finished painting the snorkel and got it completely installed. Once the inner fender was buttoned up, I got the Bushwacker flares installed. They fit pretty well, with only some minor trimming needed. I also had to cut around the snorkel, and used some rubber weatherstripping to make a seal around that area. Overall, I am pleased with the way it came out. Sorry that the photos aren't that great, the color is kind of washed out.

I'm working on the roof light bar and the dual battery setup for the rig over the Winter. The dash and console are all apart so I can get to the switches and run the wiring. I'll probably get the CB in it at the same time. Slow progress is still progress.

Just a hint as to how little I get to drive this thing, it just rolled over 31K miles earlier in the Summer. No rest for the weary! :rocker:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm new here and so I haven't followed along for years like some folks here have, but this is a beautiful build. Great job! I would be very interested to see what you could have done in this amount of time with a normal job that didn't take you away all the time, but I'm sure it would be incredible.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I'm new here and so I haven't followed along for years like some folks here have, but this is a beautiful build. Great job! I would be very interested to see what you could have done in this amount of time with a normal job that didn't take you away all the time, but I'm sure it would be incredible.
Thank you for the kind words! I really enjoy this vehicle, and wrenching on it. :grin

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Had a nice day, dry and relatively warm in Anchorage. I installed a couple small, slim-line, combo-beam LED reverse lights. There is a gap above the rear bumper fascia after you take out the rigid foam in there. My body lift allowed it to slide right out. I wired them to the reverse light circuit by using some Scotch Lock taps in the left rear tail light area. I also put in some LED projector bulbs in the stock reverse light bulb position. Haven't had much time driving it to test them, but I'm sure it will help.

Attachments

81 - 85 of 85 Posts