Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks these are awsome and free... more detail then topo canada..
Home

the download section run the program rather then save it to disk,,,,it's a big file 1.5 gig i think...after you followed the prompts.. run mapsource and you will see Ibycus maps ..in the drop down menu.

again works great.. great detail.... and coast to coast.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Any such for US? Ron

hey folks these are awsome and free... more detail then topo canada..
Home

the download section run the program rather then save it to disk,,,,it's a big file 1.5 gig i think...after you followed the prompts.. run mapsource and you will see Ibycus maps ..in the drop down menu.

again works great.. great detail.... and coast to coast.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seen software out there to make your own map set...maybe when I get time I will try to learn them.....let us know how your maps work out.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd be real interested as well. Keep us posted.

I am thinking about buying topographic maps for my trip to Moab over Memorial Day next week.

P.S. Shane 4x4, I love my TRD. Did you attend Spring Fling 08? I only saw my TRD and Delray's there.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just an update... you can now get these Ibycus maps via torrent, just search out Ibycus map.. 3 gigs but awsome detail for topo maps... also do believe he is working and has american maps as well....here is the home page
Ibycus Solutions
also you can find details on youtube but they make it sound way more complicated then needed.. you just get the file 3 gigs ouch! use winzip extract then run the exe file..... next time you open mapsource Ibycus will be in the drop down menu... again these maps beat out canada topo....
enjoy:cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ibycus - free (designed by a college student)
OilTrax - not free. And you can buy upgrades each year too...

The ibycus were great use last year while hunting. Can't complain about free.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If anyone out there is interested in some POI's for ALberta and B.C. - I have a zip file for Garmin that has all the Walmarts, Canadian Tires, Esso's, Petro Can's, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Red Light cameras for Edmonton.... etc. etc. Easy install after you download the POI downloader at Garmin.

If anyone needs help just pm me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts