Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this information on the Corvette Forum (my 'other vehicle'). :rocker:

Apparently Valvoline has a new, fully synthetic oil available. They are offering a free case, after mail-in rebate, for up to $50! I completed the online form (link below) and downloaded the rebate certificate. I have yet to purchase the oil or send the rebate, but everything looks legitimate.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Valvoline in any way nor do I have wish to debate the merits of this new lubricant. I simply thought this was a good deal and thought I would pass along the information. :cheers:

Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor Oil - Free Case Special Offer

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Interesting. How many quarts in a case?

Found it: 6 quarts

Looks like O'Reilly's has it on sale for 4.99/qt. Though it doesn't look like they make it in 5w-30. 10w-30 is closest they have.

Hopefully jayman will weigh in on using a 10w-30...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Looks like O'Reilly's has it on sale for 4.99/qt. Though it doesn't look like they make it in 5w-30. 10w-30 is closest they have.

I don't think he's ever run a 10W-30, I think where he lives a 10W would be too thick.

·
Registered
449 Posts

They do make it in 5w-30, my brother runs it in his wifes car. I would try it tho i use Castrol's full synthetic 5w-30, seems to be pretty good thus far.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
They do make it in 5w-30, my brother runs it in his wifes car. I would try it tho i use Castrol's full synthetic 5w-30, seems to be pretty good thus far.
Can't find evidence of it anywhere on the net, including Valvoline's website. I'll have to ask when I go to a store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts