Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things the finance guy at the dealership told me when I bought the FJ was that I was going to receive coupons for 3 oil changes/services. I asked if I could use them at another dealer as he is 45 miles from where I live and I have another dealership much closer. He told me Yes I could.
I just got the coupons in the mail and they have the name/phone number of the service department where I bought the FJ.

Have any of you received these same coupons and used them at another dealership? Did they give you a hard time about it?

With the price of gas, it would be cheaper for me to go to the closer dealership and pay for an oil change rather then drive all the way down and back to the place I bought it for a free change.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It's safer to do it yourself. There are way too many dealership stories without the happy ending.

·
Registered
232 Posts
unless it is a TOYOTA coupon.. i don't think another dealer would honor it..

you may have a little fight on your hands.. wish you luck with that ..

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Branch anyway there neighbor. I took my Taco there and I swear it ran worse after the so called tune up. I actually take mine to Torrington for service. I'm in good with the service dept.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The coupons came directly from Toyota. They just had Stamford Toyota printed on them because that's where I bought the FJ. Pete, I was thinking Dowling in Litchfield for service. My wife used to have a Rav4 and they treated her really well there, and they're a short ride up Flanders Rd. I wouldn't buy a can of soda at Branch!

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
It's safer to do it yourself. There are way too many dealership stories without the happy ending.
x2 I took my FJ in to the dealer for the first time for the 30,000 mile service to save some time. A technician came into the waiting area and said I needed an alignment. I told him I didn't have the time and forget it. The truth was I had just got an alignment a week before, and yes it was done correctly. When I got in the FJ the steering wheel/wheels were noticeably misaligned. Those crooks actually "broke" my vehicle to drum up business.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
hmmmmmmmm i wasn't offered this

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I agree.. I knew a woman that took her TJ in for one of the free changes and it came back with oil and grease all over it.. Unhappy as she was, she sent it back for cleaning.. It came back with a scuff down the side that took off half the TJ decals on the fender.. She sent it back and it came back with new, but crooked, FJ decals and a very bad door ding.. She sent it back and it came back with door edge guards.. Talk about one unhappy woman.. The TJ had 3500 miles on it. Just one of many "less than desirable" endings.. Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts