Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
That route you want to take won't work in December. State route 120 the road going east out of the Yosemite Valley closes in the winter due to snow and usually doesn't open till May. You'll have to backtrack out of Yosemite and go north to Interstate 80 and take it to get thru the Sierras.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Nice I didnt know they sold FJCs in Korea!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
One year later almost.

Have been very busy, but keeping reading the forum and slowly improving my FJ
So far, steps, rock rail, spare wheel cover, passenger arm rest and leather seats.
How it looks today on pictures below :smile

Very very happy with the car. Very unique here as in one year I met only two other..

I received offer for the same price I bought it last year and I tried a TACOMA last week, very rare as well here, but I was very deceived by the inside feeling. I will keep my FJ for long time. Beside my wife love it.

Very soon, I received material, I will plasti dip silver parts. May be this weekend

My plan is to install OEM FJ bumper lights as well and TRD exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
One year later almost.
Have been very busy, but keeping reading the forum and slowly improving my FJ So far, steps, rock rail, spare wheel cover, passenger arm rest and leather seats. How it looks today on pictures below :smile
Very very happy with the car. Very unique here as in one year I met only two other..
I received offer for the same price I bought it last year and I tried a TACOMA last week, very rare as well here, but I was very deceived by the inside feeling. I will keep my FJ for long time. Beside my wife love it.
Very soon, I received material, I will plasti dip silver parts. May be this weekend My plan is to install OEM FJ bumper lights as well and TRD exhaust.
Voiture belle et colorée. J’aime les sièges en cuir.

:wink

·
Registered
154 Posts
I spent a year of my youth in South Korea with the US Military. What a great place, and beautiful women to boot. From what I remember it seemed as though there would be a lot of open country there to go wheeling. What have you found? I know in the country you'd want to steer clear of the rice patties. They don't take kindly of someone messing up their main source of sustenance. Welcome to the forum btw.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I spent a year of my youth in South Korea with the US Military. What a great place, and beautiful women to boot. From what I remember it seemed as though there would be a lot of open country there to go wheeling. What have you found? I know in the country you'd want to steer clear of the rice patties. They don't take kindly of someone messing up their main source of sustenance. Welcome to the forum btw.
Nice people and nice women I confirm :)
My wife is Korean^^

When was the time you were there?

Nowadays, still some offroad places but I am not sure that many.
Actually time is lacking, between work, racing, family... to focus on that:frown

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
One year later almost.

Have been very busy, but keeping reading the forum and slowly improving my FJ
So far, steps, rock rail, spare wheel cover, passenger arm rest and leather seats.
How it looks today on pictures below :smile

Very soon, I received material, I will plasti dip silver parts. May be this weekend

My plan is to install OEM FJ bumper lights as well and TRD exhaust.
FS,
Sounds like a good plan!!
Welcome from MD!
Do you see many FJ's in your travels, one thing I like about my TT's is- that you do not see your truck coming at you very often!
That said, I rarely see an FJ, TT or not, maybe 3 per day as I drive around the MidAtlantic Region of the Eastern US.
Keep in touch!!.....gm

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hi Gaylonw,

thank for the words.

As I said I met 2 other FJ in the last year. One same color with mine and an army green :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Some news there. I am not posting much but reading everyday almost. Always something interesting. And dreaming about the builds of others.
Yesterday some improvement of the car: slowly but surely.

I am very happy of the result. It looks good to me:)

Now the car is near 30000 miles and still running as new! Still very happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Bonjour! Wait, Anhyounghasseyo! That's pretty awesome, I didn't see any FJ's when I was living there in 2011, so they must have came after I assume. What year is yours? But haven't seen any on subsequent visits. Where abouts are you? Fairly familiar with most of the areas. I go on roadtrips with the girlfriend to Pyeongchang and would have loved to have the FJ up there :grin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Bonjour! Wait, Anhyounghasseyo! That's pretty awesome, I didn't see any FJ's when I was living there in 2011, so they must have came after I assume. What year is yours? But haven't seen any on subsequent visits. Where abouts are you? Fairly familiar with most of the areas. I go on roadtrips with the girlfriend to Pyeongchang and would have loved to have the FJ up there :grin
Hi!
Mine is 2014. Not many there. Most of FJs have been imported from US and you can find models from 2008 even. Mine is coming officially from TOYOTA Korea. They were sold officially from 2013 to 2014. I can see an average of 2 or 3 other every year.

Im living in Ulsan city.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
@Fred-san Now that I know, I'll be keep an eye out for them and you! Haven't been to Ulsan yet. I only visited south east a couple times to Busan. We're planning to drive out to Gyeongju in a couple weeks when I visit, so maybe I'll drive through Ulsan. Were you okay with the quake in Pohang? I heard some buildings in Pohang cracked and structures collapsed, but it made my girlfriend worried when we're traveling :lol Where I'm from in California, earthquakes are normal and the buildings are built to last.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hi, we had a 5.8 earthquake in ULSAN 2 years ago without major damages compare to Pohang this time.

Earthquake are parts of the life, no reason to worry about.

Ulsan has nothing special and Busan is definetely a better place to go. But we are near by Gyeongju and there it is nice :)

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Welcome from Georgia!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Welcome from Colorado! Your FJ looks great, you will love it.

Beautiful FD RX7 up on the rack.
Thank you,

The RX7 is fitted with a V6 3.8 genesis coupe engine with additional turbocharger :)

It is a small shop owned by the boss of my racing team and a lot of interesting things there :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thank you,

The RX7 is fitted with a V6 3.8 genesis coupe engine with additional turbocharger :)

It is a small shop owned by the boss of my racing team and a lot of interesting things there :)
Excellent! The best FD is one with a swapped engine, a turbo 3.8 from the Genesis sounds fun! One of the more popular FD swaps around here is the Chevrolet LS1 V8, an excellent engine, usually strapped to a sub-par chassis. It pairs with the fantastic FD very well also. Thank you for sharing :grin

41 - 60 of 64 Posts