Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
34,672 Posts
Several years there were some trying to get a thing going where they took a business card with the forum name on it and they they put their name and a little note on the back to basically say hi and let them know about the forum and everyone else.

Reactions: ZerosFJ

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Several years there were some trying to get a thing going where they took a business card with the forum name on it and they they put their name and a little note on the back to basically say hi and let them know about the forum and everyone else.

We have those for our local TLCA club. I've left a few on different rigs. It's worked for a few of them and I'd guess the others were just creeped out. Lol!

And here is the back

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
34,672 Posts
We have those for our local TLCA club. I've left a few on different rigs. It's worked for a few of them and I'd guess the others were just creeped out. Lol!

And here is the back

I'm kind of creeped out just reading your post....:worried::worried::worried::worried:

But I like it. :browsmiley::browsmiley::browsmiley::browsmiley:

That's pretty much what they were working on only in more of a business card size and the TLCA is where they got the idea from.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
I'm kind of creeped out just reading your post....:worried::worried::worried::worried:

That's pretty much what they were working on only in more of a business card size and the TLCA is where they got the idea from.

Must be the way I took the pic. They are business card size. Fit in your wallet. Nothing like stalking folks though and leaving stuff on their vehicles!! I have had good luck with them though when running into someone in a parking lot and end up having a conversation about the trucks. It's easy to just give them the card to look us up if they want to get out and wheel or even if they have an older rig and are in need of some parts.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Had a note conversation over the course of about a week with a stock brick FJ that I park next to. It's nice that we have such an awesome vehicle to bring people together!

Reactions: Iconic_

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
34,672 Posts
Must be the way I took the pic. They are business card size. Fit in your wallet. Nothing like stalking folks though and leaving stuff on their vehicles!! I have had good luck with them though when running into someone in a parking lot and end up having a conversation about the trucks. It's easy to just give them the card to look us up if they want to get out and wheel or even if they have an older rig and are in need of some parts.
When I first looked at it, it looked bigger, but I can see that it's a business card now. I've had people come up to me and I've went up to a few too, but I haven't had any notes left. I enjoy meeting and talking with people so it's nice when that happens. I've even had people come up and ask be about my Tundra because I have a Decked drawer system in it and they were new when I bought it back in '14. If you look inside the bed the bottom is flat because of that system so it looks different and grabs people's attention.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
When I first looked at it, it looked bigger, but I can see that it's a business card now. I've had people come up to me and I've went up to a few too, but I haven't had any notes left. I enjoy meeting and talking with people so it's nice when that happens. I've even had people come up and ask be about my Tundra because I have a Decked drawer system in it and they were new when I bought it back in '14. If you look inside the bed the bottom is flat because of that system so it looks different and grabs people's attention.

What bed! Mine is jammed full of survey equipment. We always build a custom box for each truck. The last one I tried a slideout system that worked really well. I could slide out the top tray more than 3/4 of the way to get stuff in an out a little easier. The Tundra has high bedsides IMO so I built the slideout to get to things that were stored near the back of the cab while standing at the gate.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,422 Posts

:browsmiley::browsmiley::browsmiley::browsmiley: I really like the cards idea! Have left handwritten notes, but never received one :crying

Mr Creepy Browsmiley has been my pal today :browsmiley::browsmiley::lol:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've had a business card similar to that left on my windshield by a member of a local offroading club, I'm now going to one of their meetings in a few weeks to plan out the year

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I once received a threatening note about taking up a parking space. Must not have been a friendly FJ owner lol. Also when I first got my FJ, some people left foot notes in my roof. Literally, they climbed up, boots and all and stomped huge dents. Now I just park far away and I still haven't met any friendlies on the road :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts