Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a ways from now but hey im excited. My wife and I and my buddy and his wife are planning a trip out west from new jersey on an expedition type trip to explore the grand staircase escalante park, tuweep and whatever scenic locations we can get to. Now my question is, would anyone like to join us? Dates are still undetermined when we'll be at those certain locations but thought id give it out just for those who would like to come along.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be intrested in meeting up in Utah for a couple of days, will you be camping or moteling it?

Either or doesnt really matter, we plan to do both because god only knows what someone smells like after 3 weeks of camping lol.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Man you guys are some plannin' sons-of-biscuits. That's a long ways out but I'm sure you will find willing parties to join up with.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
If you come through this area, we could show you a trail or two around here on your way through.

Even if you don't hit the trails, and just want to pass through, I strongly recommend going through Colorado (whether on your way out or on your way back home) on I-70.

If you need any help finging a place to stay (motel, camping, whatever) there are lots of folks around here that would offer suggestions.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you come through this area, we could show you a trail or two around here on your way through.

Even if you don't hit the trails, and just want to pass through, I strongly recommend going through Colorado (whether on your way out or on your way back home) on I-70.

If you need any help finging a place to stay (motel, camping, whatever) there are lots of folks around here that would offer suggestions.

We were also debating on whether or not to drive through CO, i guess it all depends on how much time we plan on spending at each place.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Either or doesnt really matter, we plan to do both because god only knows what someone smells like after 3 weeks of camping lol.
It's usally not good, lol, It's been awhile since i have been over in the Escalante Staircase area but don't remember there being a whole lot of motels close by. Have you been out this way before? Thers a ton of things to see and do out this way.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's usally not good, lol, It's been awhile since i have been over in the Escalante Staircase area but don't remember there being a whole lot of motels close by. Have you been out this way before? Thers a ton of things to see and do out this way.
The only placed i visited for a short period of time was the Grand Canyon, but only the south rim, I would like to visit the north rim and tuweep

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I'm in the NW corner of New Mexico. Weather should still be okay here, we could play in The Glade. + Oct 4 is my B-day, you could buy me a beer at the local microbrewery :thinkerg::clap::cheers:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the NW corner of New Mexico. Weather should still be okay here, we could play in The Glade. + Oct 4 is my B-day, you could buy me a beer at the local microbrewery :thinkerg::clap::cheers:

lol sounds like a plan! how concerned should about bringing extra fuel? i plan on bring 3-4 5 gallon cans and 2 5 gallon water jugs, should that suffice? or is that overkill?

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
You gonna be OK by then (j/k)
Hey, by the way, I heard you were going in for surgery. I hope it goes well, bro.
Keep us posted.

lol sounds like a plan! how concerned should about bringing extra fuel? i plan on bring 3-4 5 gallon cans and 2 5 gallon water jugs, should that suffice? or is that overkill?
Wow....if offering to receive free beer from you is all we have to do to get you to come through out neck of the woods, we have all kinds of breweries around here where I'm sure you could get something to impress me with. :)
....I could even pretend it's my B-day. :silly:

OK, really though......if you do decide to go this route, we will certainly not disapoint.

Perhaps, go through one way on your way West, and back through a different way on your way back East.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup thats my thoughts exactly, i pretty much plan to make a big "loop"

·
Registered
906 Posts
Depends on how remote you want to get. If your camping the water is a good idea. IMO two fuel cans will suffice if you fill up before long stretches.
We're in Gallup NM right off I-40 could point you in the right direction for must see SW sites and hit a local trail if your up for it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
of course im up for it!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Let us know your preference on trail ratings and we'll help you out around here.

Check Trail Damage too if you want.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nothing too extreme, were really looking for outstanding scenery. i still want to be able to make it home without having to stop by the nearest toyota dealer for a broken CV or punctered gas tank lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone have any info on bringing long guns across state lines, im a LEO so i guess i have some play since HR218, but i still have to check on that with other state laws.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hitting the road tomorrow morning, hope to see some of you guys on the trails!!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Bring it on, Mike.
If you come through here, let us know. :cheers:

Either way, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. :clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts