Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok People I thought we might organize this a little. There are several threads about this already, but I want to know how many groups want me to setup email links to, so we can get you all together. Was going to setup one by each region, and then the Canadian people, but let me know what you think.

Also because there are so many of you, one or more caravan groups for Colorado, Arizona and one for California.

Once we get it figured out, I'll start posting the groups. There are more than 150 FJ's going to this thing, so we want keep this as organized as possible.

So let me know who wants to form a group, and if you already have started a thread, let us know about that as well.

Seth

For those of you who didn't pass grade school:

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
We have one called Phoenix Area Caravan 7/11. I know there is one for SoCal (maybe in the SoCal thread) - they are going to caravan up to Flagstaff and meet us there on the 11th.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
SoCal has a thread going Offical SoCal to Ouray (FJ Summit) caravan thread would be happy to have are Norhter borthers and sisters (NorCal) come if it isn't to far out of the way. Or just meet up with us in Flaggstaff on the 11th

Thanks for the map Nooky it realy helped me out. :D

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
I am thinking about leaving a little early to go out there, maybe the 7th or 8th. I will be coming from the South from North Arkansas to I-70 in Kansas City, then heading West to Denver. I am interested in anyone traveling around that time period too. Terry (Tennesseesquire) asked if I’d like to join them, at the time, I wasn’t going to leave that early, but now I am. I’ll get in touch with him and see when he expects to be coming through KC, and anyone else. I know Dragon is coming in from IL maybe we can all hook up and have a huge caravan into Ouray. Just let me know where and when :D

P.S. I started a thread on a National Communication network for everyone traveling using CB’s and handheld FRS radios. I think everyone agreed that channel 7 would be a good channel to use. It matches the year of the FJ & the first annual FJ Summit. Can we make this the official travel channel for everyone? Thanks for everyone’s hard work putting this together. :)

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I am thinking about leaving a little early to go out there, maybe the 7th or 8th. I will be coming from the South from North Arkansas to I-70 in Kansas City, then heading West to Denver. I am interested in anyone traveling around that time period too. Terry (Tennesseesquire) asked if I’d like to join them, at the time, I wasn’t going to leave that early, but now I am. I’ll get in touch with him and see when he expects to be coming through KC, and anyone else. I know Dragon is coming in from IL maybe we can all hook up and have a huge caravan into Ouray. Just let me know where and when :D

P.S. I started a thread on a National Communication network for everyone traveling using CB’s and handheld FRS radios. I think everyone agreed that channel 7 would be a good channel to use. It matches the year of the FJ & the first annual FJ Summit. Can we make this the official travel channel for everyone? Thanks for everyone’s hard work putting this together. :)
We (Matt07FJ, VDM & The Squire's) will be leaving Nashville, TN the morning of July 7th. That should put us on KCY that afternoon, we can work out a meet place later. We are staying in Moab at the Best Western Canyonlands.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
We (Matt07FJ, VDM & The Squire's) will be leaving Nashville, TN the morning of July 7th. That should put us on KCY that afternoon, we can work out a meet place later. We are staying in Moab at the Best Western Canyonlands.
Great, I'll PM you with my info, and we can arrange a time and place, tahnks :D

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I'll be there with my family starting on the 6th through the 9th, we check in Ouray on the 10th...

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I'll be there with my family starting on the 6th through the 9th, we check in Ouray on the 10th...
We check in on the 9th.

·
Registered
166 Posts
FJTeddy and myself are leaving London On. on July 10, Des Moines being our first destination. From there we are heading to Colorado Springs July 11. Shane4x4 is getting a caravan together from there to Ouray on July 12. The states we are driving through are in order Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Okay, most people know all 50 states and the southern provinces (southern only because I'm assuming no one is coming from Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, and/or the maritime provinces). Actually it would be cool if someone is coming from NWT, because there license plate is not rectangular, but cut out in the shape of a polar bear walking on the ice.

So why not post everyone's Forum name and there home state/province, sorted by state/province so we all know who is registered? Also, people contemplating travel by caravan will know how many are coming from their particular part of the country.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Seth,
We are meeting Shane4X4 in Johnson Village on the 12th. We will start out early on the 12th her is our route to Johnson Village if anyone would like to join us. We will be leaving around 6am take E-470 around to C-470 to the 285 exit. If you need more info let me know.
Jackie

PS You can feel the excitement on this board on the upcoming Summit - about 3 weeks and counting.:bouncy: :clap: :bouncy: :clap:

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Some groups including ours have threads that have been going for a while about thier own caravans. It would be nice to have one thread dedicated to just caravans. If you have one started please post a summary of what you have in this thread. If we keep it here with just updated summaries, it may be less confusing. That would mean one person from each separate caravan could post updates here for thier specific caravan and avoid the conversation HERE that confuses many threads This is just an idea
I will start by representing the AZFJ caravan

We will be leaving the morning of July 11th, the time is undecided yet. We will be joining the SOCAL caravan in Flagstaff sometime that morning.
here is our list
update 6/14/07
AZFJ's traveling with the caravan

(1) puulboy and way better half Rose
(2) 8 Ball
(3) 1leglance with Martin in convoy (Nathan flying into Co. Springs on 12th)
(4) 3DTONKA & Katfish (possibly Kobe)
(5) blackcheery
(6) AZ-TRD
(7) AZSARGE
(8) Rock FJ

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/24458-phoenix-area-caravan-7-11-a.html

AZFJ'S Please use the above thread to post for the caravan this one is just for updates
thank you
Don

·
Registered
255 Posts
Officially registered today and have my lodging in place. Yea!! I'll be in Moab area the 9-11th then heading up to Ouray on the 12th. Heading back to Kansas City, MO on the 15th with a overnight stop somewhere in between if others are heading that way be happy to caravan.

Channel 7 sounds like a winner to me. Not to mention I'm a Scuba guy so as shadow says "SCUBA Drivers Unite!"

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Ok People I thought we might organize this a little. There are several threads about this already, but I want to know how many groups want me to setup email links to, so we can get you all together. Was going to setup one by each region, and then the Canadian people, but let me know what you think.

Also because there are so many of you, one or more caravan groups for Colorado, Arizona and one for California.

Once we get it figured out, I'll start posting the groups. There are more than 150 FJ's going to this thing, so we want keep this as organized as possible.

So let me know who wants to form a group, and if you already have started a thread, let us know about that as well.

Seth

For those of you who didn't pass grade school:

Didn't pass grade school? 4 years at Penn State! Or was that the State Pen I was in?

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Okay, I just called up to Ouray to see if my room was avail. a day erlier than I was going to get there. Thumbs up! So I'll now be leaving the Farmington area mid morning of the 12th.

Up for meeting anyone along the way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts