Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Big "E's" buildup

In Latin terms, Torjan Equus: Trojan Horse...i'll call her my trojan horse..in greek times, the trojan horse was used in the war..it was not what it appeard to be. That is what my fj, "Big E" symbolizes...on the outside, it appears shiny, clean, staying shelterd, and protected...but on the inside...An offroad beast! ready to hit trails, climb mountains, swim rivers, plow through the sludge, and cross the land from one end of the earth to the other...so much more then what it appears.
Built, not bought!! Thats how this project started. I guess i should the "started" is like the huge ball that gets started rolling...once it gets moving, it moves faster, and faster, and faster...one thing after another!
I have to start by saying thanx to all you great guys and gals out there that have made all this possible. When i brought my fj home, i was excited! i loved it. It was perfect. Automatic, lockers, 4 wheel drive, cd player,..and much more. That was, UNTILL i found this forum. That got that ball "rolling"..and it has done nothing but pick up speed!
MY "SUV" as my wife and i call it, has gotten bigger and better. Ive seen guys drop tons of money on their ride by taking it to the shop, picking out their toys, and returning a week later. Get in, drive off, and thats the end. With mine, its "i like that. How can i do it?" i know..go to the forum...WAALAA! theres my answer..
My factory SUV spent almost 48 hours on factory wheels and tires..then, BY BY! and welcome the 35x12.5x17 pro comp extreme at's. they had to sit on something, so hello AR Victors.(that only lasted untill i found the thugs). Since i had the wheels and tires, the lift had to follow..I went with the fabtech 6" with dirt logic 2.0 dirt logics and coil overs..
Well, my wife had a time getting in, so the preditor steps came next. It looked good, but at night, too dark inside. So, welcome home swiss army overhead map light! I then replaced all bulbs, in and out, with the piaa bulbs..now i can see better..But wait, lets change the headlights to the hid 9k's....now thats better.
Since i spend so much time in the suv, i added 2 12" kicker solobaric subs in the rear, with 1,000 watts moving them. I had upgrade the rest of the sound, so i went with all boston aquistic...in the dash, the front doors, and added 6 1/2 mids in the rear wall..now i can hear! All this is ran by a pioner doube den head unit, all touch screen.( im already borderline deff). I liked the sound and looks, but saw a custome handle, so i had to have them..great job fjoel.
Inside good...outside, here we go! the engine was aided with a unichip programmer, flowmaster catback, and throttle body spacer...My tires turn faster, easier now! oops, still rolling.......found myself with arb full rack, hi lift jack to help in need be. rear manik light guards protect those little guys.
Me exterior changes went to black out bumper wings, front and rear. tinted windows, emblems, and all that i could...im sure there is more, but i will let the pictures do the rest for me.

as soon as i figure out how to get them off my desktop that is!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nope. Nothing.

·
Registered
851 Posts
awesome build! looks great!!! :clap:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
My poor little under modded FJ needs SUMMADAT!!!!

Great looking Ti you have built.....Very cool.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ADDITION TO "suv"

well, justin at ROCKTEK is not the fastest person, but WOW!!! he deff knows his stuff about what he does..ive seen some of his bumpers, front and rear, he's done my body chop, and NOW........without any further adue.....my new rails!

great job, and thanx again to justin

·
Registered
851 Posts
Re: ADDITION TO "suv"

Wow, those are much different than any I've seen. Your rig looks great! :rocker:

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thanx...its all in fun...i do get to say, the rails on my fj, are ONE OF A KIND

·
Registered
476 Posts

I must know where I can get some. Time is no problem.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

Those look good. I'm assuming you will remove the step portion when on the trails.
Good option for those with kids...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

One of a kind.... Not for long... Calling Justin tomorrow!

They look great... I saw the clamps that he used and said "son of a ...." I had him use those to make front drop down lights on my brushguard..

BTW, I like the thugs too... what tire did you end up going with?

Edit: also are you going to the Aug M&G or Katemcy Event?

1 - 20 of 298 Posts