Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to level my FJ as it does have some forward rake, even more so than a stock one do to my stainless steel bulbar that sits in the front.

Anyway, I searched but could not find anyone who put the Bilstien 5100s in the front and the rear to level the FJ.

I have a few questions. With these shocks front and rear, how much lift will I receive? Also, what setting should the front shocks be set for to achieve a level?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Had these installed. On 3rd notch it leveled out and lifted the vehicle another inch from previous stance. Installed US Off Road bumper and a winch (about 110 lbs and the front did not drop at all. Ride is amazing, no more front end dive and very smooth. 5100's are a great upgrade if you want a slight lift with a level stance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, so if I understand correctly, the rear stays at the same level as the stock shocks?

·
Registered
753 Posts
From Bilstein's website, it says you can get anywhere from 0"-2.75" of lift. It depends on where you set em. AFAIK, the rears are not adjustable so the best you'll do is level your rig.

Edit: P.S. Read this thread please http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-steering-tech/124933-bilstein-5100-level-poll.html
Thanks for pointing out that thread... just read it, and great info as I look for this to be my next mod (got to save a few bucks first). Even some folks in the same general area as me in that thread, so contacting some of them regarding installers.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Awesome, so if I understand correctly, the rear stays at the same level as the stock shocks?
I did not measure but it looks like the rear lifted about 1" and the fronts leveled on the 3rd notch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts