Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the FJ and the 4runner share tons of parts. Just curious if the 4 runner front and rear seats would fit in a FJ. I would love to have leather and heated seats :) I tried doing a search for it, but no luck.

Have anyone tried it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
since the FJ and the 4runner share tons of parts. Just curious if the 4 runner front and rear seats would fit in a FJ. I would love to have leather and heated seats :) I tried doing a search for it, but no luck.

Have anyone tried it?
Mine has leather that was installed at the port. My FJ is a "Gulf States" imported version. Why not use one of these kits and you can build it anyway you want with or without heat etc...

Premium Leather Interiors | Canada Seat Skins

They ship from the US and Canada. It would be easier and probably cost less in the long run.

This is interesting.....

http://canadaseatskins.com/vault/Toyota Landcruiser Katzkin Leather.pdf

Tony

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
You could end up switching the seat rails on the 4 runner and FJ front seats but wiring the seat heater might involve taking the seat heater button or dial parts from the 4 runner. Aside from that I think the system is pretty similar. I dont know the dimensions of the 4 runner seat but I can't imagine it being significantly different than that of the FJ. The rear seats might be a tad different though. I dont think that they would be compatible due to the different folding mechanisms in th seat but I could be wrong, been a while since i've been in a 4runner. If it happens be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Interested as well, not really for the leather and heat, but because the 4Runner seats are way more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I find the FJ seats pretty good even on long hauls but I would like to take my LS seats that make a 16 hour drive feel like sitting on a heated and cooled cloud and put them in my FJ. Now that would be ridiculously comfortable haha.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Exactly, if it can be done without spending a fortune, why not? The seats aren't terrible, but why not improve it? I'm sure all it would take is a little fabrication of brackets at least, I just don't have the means to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I added heated seats for about $90 per seat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What about Land Cruiser seats or LX 570 seats in an FJ? Just sat in the 570's seats yesterday and holy crap are those comfortable!! I usually only drive the FJ for long 6+ hour drives and that would sure make an improvement to my back pain after those trips.

·
Registered
825 Posts
4runner seats could be a bit more comfortable but the effort is not worth the result.
I would check GX460 seats for the least butt pain installation. GX460, 4runner, Prado and FJ are all the same platform.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is an old string, but seems like a popular search. I too find on long trips the factory FJ seats are hard and my back dislikes them. So I purchased a pair of front seats from a 2012 Lexus GX 460 (leather, power, heating, and cooling) and yes they bolt right in without any modifications.

The airbag connection along with the seat belt connection simply plug in without issue. You will have to wire power to the third connection and add some switches/relays if you want the heat and cooling fans to work. Still working on that aspect.

Way more comfortable.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
:crying
This is an old string, but seems like a popular search. I too find on long trips the factory FJ seats are hard and my back dislikes them. So I purchased a pair of front seats from a 2012 Lexus GX 460 (leather, power, heating, and cooling) and yes they bolt right in without any modifications.

The airbag connection along with the seat belt connection simply plug in without issue. You will have to wire power to the third connection and add some switches/relays if you want the heat and cooling fans to work. Still working on that aspect.

Way more comfortable.
You should really post some pictures of those bad boys. :rocker:

·
Registered
40 Posts

Way more comfortable.
Pics please!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So since my posting I got busy at work and then went camping. Here are a couple of quick pics of the GX 460 seats in the FJ Cruiser.

As an update, the passenger seat was plug and play for wiring on the airbag and seat belt sensors. However the drivers seat is a little more difficult. Again still working on the seat position sensor wiring.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
So since my posting I got busy at work and then went camping. Here are a couple of quick pics of the GX 460 seats in the FJ Cruiser.

As an update, the passenger seat was plug and play for wiring on the airbag and seat belt sensors. However the drivers seat is a little more difficult. Again still working on the seat position sensor wiring.

Those are nice! How much did they cost ya? And how did you go about locating them...just local salvage yards? Appreciate any info you can provide. Mine are worn out and need replacing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is a photo of the front bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found these seats through LKQ, online salvage site. Cost was $1,100 including freight shipping to my door.

I received the Toyota connectors in the mail today to start wiring in power to the seats and also setting up the heated seats and cooling fans, however the connector was just that. An empty connector. I was expecting a connector full of terminals and pigtail wires, so now I need to source some terminal pins for the connector before I can continue.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts