Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed a set in an FJ today. We decided to wait until we hear about your install of the heating and cooling to decide what route to take as far as that goes.

The only large gauge wires going to the seats are the power and ground for all the seat position actuators, all the other wires are TINY!

My thoughts:

Seat cushion fan has 12v power source on pin 1, pin 2 is a wire going to the seat back fan, must be power source because the only other wire at that fan is a ground, pin 3 is a light green wire that goes to the Amp which on my wiring diagram is labeled "ROUT" on the amp, pin 4 is a ground. The amp looks like mostly input's from the different fancy seat switches.. So it must send some sort of signal to the seat cushion blower assembly that would control the varying levels of cooling. So depending what these output's are to the seat cushion fans, they may or may not be able to be re-created without the amplifier.

Only way to know would be to test on an actual functioning Lexus with the seats and see what kind of signals that light green wire sends out! I'm going to see if we can't get a local with such a truck to come by so I can do some testing. If I can I will come back here with the results. Please keep us posted on your trucks progress as well!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Any success with this?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Yes.

My seats are in.
They where completed on Friday, I am picking the car up tomorrow!

He sent me photo's of the switches

We used OEM Switches for the seats.
Then wired the power for the A/C Seats through the A/C amp.
We where able to pick one up for about $260

Sweet! That’s a clean install of those switches! Very nice! Congratulations! You’ll have to snap a few good pics of the seats and post up! Also, please provide any additional info that might help us when we finally get ours. I’m searching for a set every few days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, I'm keeping a lookout for these seats as well. Not finding them for less than $1100 each! I'm hoping for under $1000 for both!

Great work!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I'm keeping a lookout for these seats as well. Not finding them for less than $1100 each! I'm hoping for under $1000 for both!

Great work!
You need to keep searching on
https://www.lkqonline.com/

Also,
I will try to take a bunch of photo's over the weekend.
The seats are in & i LOVE them.

Everything works great.
Electric control
Heating/Cooling.

Also so you know its not enough to just get the seats.
You will need to get the switches for the Heating/Cooling & also The A/C Amplifier for the Heating & Cooling.

After all is said & done, I spent a total of about $2,000 on this project & I'm very happy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is the A/C Amp needed for the heat portion? I'm really only concerned about heating them in the winter - heated seats and heated mirrors are on my *MUST HAVE* list, with a possibility for heated steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Does anyone know what Model year GX460 seats fit? RMCruiser used some from a 2012. Just wondering if there was a range.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This mod is on my “short list”. Only problem is finding a shop local that will do it... I’ve even had a hard time finding somewhere to install a 12V outlet in the back.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
How about all those wonderful seat pics!??? We want to see!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
RMCruiser, hows the new seats? Would love to see some pics.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Will same year Tacoma seats fit in the FJ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find an answer to this:

Do 4Runner (or any other Toyota) back seats fit in the FJ? I'd like to swap to leather front seats but I'd want to swap the rears to match.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You need to keep searching on
https://www.lkqonline.com/

Also,
I will try to take a bunch of photo's over the weekend.
The seats are in & i LOVE them.

Everything works great.
Electric control
Heating/Cooling.

Also so you know its not enough to just get the seats.
You will need to get the switches for the Heating/Cooling & also The A/C Amplifier for the Heating & Cooling.

After all is said & done, I spent a total of about $2,000 on this project & I'm very happy.
Long ago bump but did you ever get the wiring/signaling to the seat memory function sorted out? Just picked up a GX460 driver seat and hoping someone else has already done the legwork of figuring out the connections and logic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Haven't done anything on this over Christmas, but I'm still working on figuring this out. Haven't decided whether to try to integrate the seat heating/cooling with the FJ 'climate control system' or just set up some separate switches. More fiddly is figuring out the seat memory function, which looks to be controlled over Canbus. Hoping to get back to it in the next week or two.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh Wow, I didn't realize you were considering working out the seat memory feature.

I would have just been happy with the heating feature on a switch in the center console.

I'm still considering this, but I have other projects I need to try and afford on the FJ first. So I'm still following along to see what you guys figure out!

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 front seat transplant to the 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 114 Posts