Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I had a chance to see your seat swap yesterday when I purchased one of your original front seats. MitchMel your seat swap turned out really well. Today I replaced the drivers side front seat with the one I got from you and everything went well. Thank you, I'd been looking for a replacement for sometime and the timing was perfect. Thanks so much.

Reactions: MitchMel

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've heard Scion seats of some years will fit, with minor fab. Lexus GX are on my list but the junkyards want too much and finding a wrecked being parted out is impossible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I bought my FJ in 2014, the dealer took out the seats, sent them to Livonia, and they came back wrapped in custom leather with heaters. It was not that expensive. One of the best mods you can do. the stock black cloth is not inspiring. The body paint matching leather is nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I bought my FJ in 2014, the dealer took out the seats, sent them to Livonia, and they came back wrapped in custom leather with heaters. It was not that expensive. One of the best mods you can do. the stock black cloth is not inspiring. The body paint matching leather is nice.
What/where/who is Livonia ? Was that a separate adder that you know the price of? Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Another swap here, 2012 4Runner seats into 2012 FJ.
For future reference, based on my research, it seems that '06-'09 4runner driver seats did have the seat position sensor, so would be a more direct swap. '10+ 4Runners, like the GX460, do not have the seat position sensor.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Becareful not hooking up the airbags. If you wreck and the edr shows the airbag was disconnected your insurance could really screw you over and deny your claim. I would recommend calling your insurance and checking with them.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Doing my swap this weekend! Just got my Scheel-Mann Vario F XXL seats in today! Sitting in them on the living room floor, they are dreamy! And I’m sure that once in the Fj, with the seat heaters hooked up, they’ll be even more awesome! I’ve sat in some high end Recaro’s and so far I’d say these are better! Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doing my swap this weekend! Just got my Scheel-Mann Vario F XXL seats in today! Sitting in them on the living room floor, they are dreamy! And I’m sure that once in the Fj, with the seat heaters hooked up, they’ll be even more awesome! I’ve sat in some high end Recaro’s and so far I’d say these are better! Super excited!

Do you like them in your FJ?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Do you like them in your FJ?
I love them! My only regret is not doing this sooner. Whenever my back is hurting I just go out in the garage and sit in my rig and listen to the stereo for an hour. It’s amazing how much better my back feels afterwards. They’re sooo comfortable! Worth every penny!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I’ve sat in some high end Recaro’s and so far I’d say these are better! Super excited!
Did you sit in these? By the way. Yours looks every bit of amazing. I wish I had waited for Varios, but vendors were a bit difficult to deal with and couldn't give a good answer on fitment and hardware. I gave up and went with recaros.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just adding my 2 cents. I happened to have my totaled 4th gen 4runner in the driveway and I wanted to swap the seats over. It looks like only one of the plugs will mate up which looks to be the seat sensor plug. The 4th gen 4runner seats lack the airbag system so that pretty much excludes using the 4th gen 4runner seats in any FJ that has built in side airbags. I really was stoked to use my 4th gen seats. I loved the comfort they had and also wanted to preserve the two years worth of farts I had in them lol...

I also measured but did not test the rear seats. They measure to be the same width as the FJ seats. They look like they could swap over so I'll give it a try this weekend. The only reason I was considering the 4Runner rear seats is because of the built in arm rest / cup holders. Not that I care because I won't ever be sitting back there but you know sometimes its nice to have it.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts