Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my FJ for 10 days. From day one had front brake shimmy / vibration in steering wheel when applying brakes soft or hard petal. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Has anyone had this issue? Assume warped rotor or or caliper pistons not releasing!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
this was one of many problems i had on my '05 grand cherokee. in my case, it was warped rotors.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I picked mine up on 5/3, noticed that the front would vibrate when braking between 35 and 25 mph. I had to go back to the dealer anyway a few days later as they owed me a remote key that had to be programmed. Told them about the brakes and the tech took it for a ride. When he came back he said he felt it too. They replaced both front rotors and the brake pads no questions asked. Service manager said one of the rotors had a slight warp to it. It brakes fine now without any vibration.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Try one thing before you go ahead with new rotors

Instructions for bedding in your brakes

Most new cars never get the pads properly seasoned and quite a few get some pad transfer onto the rotors. Using this bedding procedure will remove any gunk on the rotor and a lot of times will solve the problem.

Best thing is if it doesn't work, you're no worse off than you were to start with. But you might just save a trip to the dealer and all that that entails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts