Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Front Bumper similar to Metal Tech.

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  HUGO STIGLITZ 
#1 ·
Sold

SOLD.

Some may know the story behind this, if not heres some highlights, It was on a FJ that was traded in, long story short for a fee and time I swapped it at First Team Toyota for my OEM bumper, I then ordered a Metal Tech Front Tube bumper and was going to sell this to my buddy in N. Carolina( he wants a tube bumper but could not afford a MT bumper), well he isnt allowed to buy anything right now(Wifey dropped the hammer)

My MT bumper will be here Monday and I really dont have room for this, My buddy was going to give me $225 for it so I am asking that obo. Thats about what I am in it for after everything said and done(another long story see OBX Chevy story:()

It appears to be fabricated by someone using the Metal Tech design. It fits right on. Has some scuffs but paint will fix that, it's good ol tough steel:)

The good: Solid, sturdy, fits and does not touch the body anywhere, and the price is cheap!

The bad: Could use a quick sand blast or just basic sanding and a fresh rattle can coat of black. The bash plate mounts to 5 tabs, the center mounting tab needs to be re-welded it's only attached to the actual bash plate, but has no ill-effects by being the way it is(mounts nice and tight on the other 4 brackets)

Does not touch the AC line. If your on a budget heres your chance to jump on a tube bumper. Just boost it cosmetically and youre good.

Shoot me any questions, shipping could be possible but will be a pain and estimated freight at $70 - $100 According to a friend of mine that drives for Averrett

Local pick up preferred, zip is 23434

Any questions shoot them to me.

PS, in the pics you may see a little purple thing in the pics, that a little piece of latex over my PIAA connector(staged for mounting my PIAA's to the MT bumper)

UPDATED Info: Above is updated shipping quotes....Per a lot of questions, the tubing is 1.5", The welds are not as pretty as you will find on a $1000 bumper. It is solid. Other than one tab needing rewelded it just needs a minor makeover. $180 now, My new bumper is in and just do not need this sittin around:)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet deal, somebody should definitely jump on this one! Good luck. I did enjoy your bumper story in the other post, by the way.

#3 ·
The OBX Chevy one? What a day:rofl:

Thanks Capt.

#4 ·
I don't have room for another bumper...bump
ObO

#5 ·
Yeah the obx chevy story. that did seem like quite an adventure.

#6 ·
:bump:

$225 :clap: for a steal

#8 ·
I can shoot you a shipping quote:bigthumb:

#10 ·
Update on post 1.

#12 ·
Yes it does.

#14 ·
Ok, cool:bigthumb:

#15 ·
The tab that needs to re-welded (if you choose) is the center one. I am not sure if it would vibrate or not, I just put a fuzzy side of velcro where it would hit if it were to make a noise.

Anyway as per a lot of questions, the tab in need is the top center. Pic below

:bigthumb:

Attachments

#17 ·
Maybe with some know how on fabricating something. I would guess there is plenty of room with the bash plate removed.

#18 ·
Sale pending

#20 ·
OK, but buyer has paid a deposit, so it is most likely sold, he picks it up in little over a week. thanks :)

#21 ·
Sold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.