Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im getting ready to get a 3" lift for my FJ, and when asking some tech advice on here i had one guy say that his axles were at a pretty drastic angle.

I was wondering if anyone else saw this as a potential problem and used the Diff Drop kit.

I know theres know way of knowing wether it protects untill some of the cvs start going out in the FJs and the ones with the diff drops are fine.

Anyone have any input?

Worth $30?

Looks like I can pick up the parts at the hardware store.

Thanks

Justin

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also have installed 3" lift and did not like the angle of the drive sh aft so did install the blocks. Even though they are 1" you don't get that much drop in the diff. because you are only droping only 2 of the 3 mounting points for the diff.. I also removed a thick washer on mounting point 3 and got .2" more drop.Still not 1" but better than nothing. It has been 12k miles and no problem with cv or boot so can't complain. Just keep an eye on the clearance for the rear drive shaft if you remove the thick washer on point 3.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have installed 3" lift and did not like the angle of the drive sh aft so did install the blocks. Even though they are 1" you don't get that much drop in the diff. because you are only droping only 2 of the 3 mounting points for the diff.. I also removed a thick washer on mounting point 3 and got .2" more drop.Still not 1" but better than nothing. It has been 12k miles and no problem with cv or boot so can't complain. Just keep an eye on the clearance for the rear drive shaft if you remove the thick washer on point 3.
THanks, thats very helpful. I think ill just wait to get my winch bumper and see how it looks afterwards. If the angles are still crazy, ill drop the Diff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts