Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Texican
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3" spacer lift and it has been ok from what I can tell but today after looking at the underside (checking for damage from yesterdays fun) I noticed something that I thought was strange...

Here are the pics:
Driver side which has been giving me some noise occasionally...

Passenger side which hasn't...

My question is simple, with just a hair over 30K miles (I do have the 100K extended warranty) should I start scheduling my FJ for a warranty work over with the local stealership or is this condition normal?

Any help y'all can provide will be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
those are used for the allignment, I dont think that would be covered by the dealer if it were just jarred out. if it is actually damaged like the bushings or something then they should cover you.
EDIT Upon second glance it does look like the top one is damaged, and yes I'd bring it in right away so you dont break anything else.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
the LCA bolt on the top picture, that goes through the eccentric may be bent. it may be possible that bolt was not tightened which allowed the LCA to pull out.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Is this anything that Toyota can give me greif about the spacer-lift? or is this more than likely tied directly back to wear and tear or the accident?
if they want to give you a hard time about it, i'm sure they can come up with several excuses (your lift, taking it offroad, the accident, etc). if they do say it is due to the accident, maybe you can work with the insurance company and have them foot the bill.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I would hope that they would have fixed it if it was from the accident but I guess it's a good thing that there is a lifetime warrenty on the work done there at that time, an alignment was part of that work! ;)
a lot of places will just set your toe to within specs. if they get camber and toe within specs, then they will probably consider it good, even if caster is way off and even if the eccentrics are way out of range. i actually have an LCA eccentric that is pointed in like yours, however, my LCA is not pulled out as far as yours. take it in to the dealer and have them check it out and if something is bent, have them fix it as warranty from previous work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts