Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people use a variety of lifts for the front end, I have my arb deluxe and 12k winch mounted which drops the front about 2 inches. my question is will a spacer lift just put more stress on the front springs? make the ride rougher? it's not bad now but I know I have lost some approach angle. big bumps in the road are a little rough, but not bad. planning a trip to moab in a little over a year and would like to get some of my clearance back. I have 33s on it now and did the bmc so currently no rubbing. with the extra weight on the front I have to keep extra weight in the back or I'm pretty much useless in the snow unlessw i'm in 4wd. I didn't really want to lift the whole thing either as I like the lower center of gravity. So, I budget 100/month for fun money, I could get spacers now, or wait the 8 months and get replacement coil-overs from bilstein. unless there are other suggestions for just bringing up the front end?
Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Spacers are fine for a stock setup, i used 1" front spacers (about 1/2" thick).
With your heavy front end i would look at stiffer springs at least, I'm sure others on here have more input.

·
Registered
57 Posts
5100s and stock springs on the 3rd notch or 6112s w bilstein 650 springs at the 2nd notch will level the truck,I have used both on my FJ. The front end of my FJ is all stock no heavy bumpers or accessories.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just stiffer springs if on a budget. Can change shocks too if you can stretch to it, the stock shocks are underdamped even for the stock weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts