Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What front lockers are available that are not air lockers?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mecry:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Your only other possible option besides an air locker would be an electric locker, in terms of selectable lockers. But, you are more than likely going to have to replace the entire front axle with something aftermarket cause there isn't one for the stock front.

Why do you not like ARBs?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I am not sure I would want a non-selectable locker on a differential with CV joints/axle. That could be catastrophic to the axles if it locked up at speed, with a wheel hop of loss of traction.

The ARB is the way to go and there are many locations in the FJC for a smaller locker compressor.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
From the web....According to them you shouldn't have any issue.

1.100% traction to both wheels
2.Fully automatic - no surprises
3.Exclusive compensation system on curves
4.Gearless – smoothest operation in the market
5.Safer for driver – no need to switch on/ off
6.Does not depend on auxiliary mechanism
7.Reduce risks of aquaplaning
8.Does not change vehicle´s originality
9.Easy installation
10.Maintenance free
11.High performance and durability
12.Reduce vehicle wear
13.Reduce environmental impact - less fuel consumption, CO2 emission and less aggressive tires
14.One year warranty regardless of mileage or vehicle customization

Kaiser Locker is the first fully automatic locker that offers the same comfort of a conventional differential while on asphalt, and all the benefits of a 100% locker when off-road.

With Kaiser Locker, both wheels receive same power and traction. If one looses adherence to the ground, the traction will be maintained by the opposite wheel, allowing the vehicle to easily cross obstacles and turn normally. In other words, Kaiser Locker allows the outer wheel of a curve to spin more than the ring in order to compensate on curves, but it does not allow any of the wheels from same axle to spin less than the ring/ pinion.

The release of one wheel in curves is inherent to locker operation. This mechanism assures a smooth drive on curves and reduces possible cracking noises.

Not sure that the design is optimal with the needle bearings operating on an interference principal, but perhaps they have great wear properties.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
13.Reduce environmental impact - less fuel consumption, CO2 emission and less aggressive tires
????
That is a weird claim for a locker.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info. I was looking for who would sell them in the U.S. I just need to research it a bit more. I just placed an order for the A-Trac switch to hold me over for now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A-Trac on the front and a rear locker will certainly get you a long way...
Good first step.
:cheers:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The switch should be in today.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
LoL... You edited it while I was there reading... TY...

They do list 07-09 FJ Cruiser front !.... BUTTTT....
there is a note under all the toyota applications listing...
7. Full fbating axles only.
What is 'fbating', Is that supposed to say Full Floating axles only ?....
I did a google for '* bating', but it did not go so well... :eek:

From the web....According to them you shouldn't have any issue.

1.100% traction to both wheels
2.Fully automatic - no surprises
3.Exclusive compensation system on curves
4.Gearless – smoothest operation in the market
5.Safer for driver – no need to switch on/ off
6.Does not depend on auxiliary mechanism
7.Reduce risks of aquaplaning
8.Does not change vehicle´s originality
9.Easy installation
10.Maintenance free
11.High performance and durability
12.Reduce vehicle wear
14.One year warranty regardless of mileage or vehicle customization

Kaiser Locker is the first fully automatic locker that offers the same comfort of a conventional differential while on asphalt, and all the benefits of a 100% locker when off-road.

With Kaiser Locker, both wheels receive same power and traction. If one looses adherence to the ground, the traction will be maintained by the opposite wheel, allowing the vehicle to easily cross obstacles and turn normally. In other words, Kaiser Locker allows the outer wheel of a curve to spin more than the ring in order to compensate on curves, but it does not allow any of the wheels from same axle to spin less than the ring/ pinion.

The release of one wheel in curves is inherent to locker operation. This mechanism assures a smooth drive on curves and reduces possible cracking noises.

Not sure that the design is optimal with the needle bearings operating on an interference principal, but perhaps they have great wear properties.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
LoL... You edited it while I was there reading... TY...

They do list 07-09 FJ Cruiser front !.... BUTTTT....
there is a note under all the toyota applications listing...

What is 'fbating', Is that supposed to say Full Floating axles only ?....
I did a google for '* bating', but it did not go so well... :eek:
:lol: Engrish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts