Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota FJ
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 black pearl 6spd manual with 134000 miles on it. Needing lower control arms so taking it to Firestone tomorrow. Are Moog lower control arms any good? Looking for thoughts, am new to the FJ world but after owning mine less than a year I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I put them on my FJ a couple years ago and they are doing just fine. I offroad the crap out of them all the time also :)

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Typically for the longest durability, with the lowest risk of getting a bad one you want OEM parts. Part of how the aftermarket parts can be priced so low is they ship whatever they get instead of inspecting to make sure all of them are good ones.
However, if just looking for a low cost alternative and not worrying about getting another 100k+ miles out of them, the aftermarket lower priced parts can be useful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with superpro with asymmetrical poly bushing. Seems solid and don’t mind a little extra camber adjustability compared to Oem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts